ABOUT LA PRAIRIE
La Prairie is the leader in luxury skincare, present in 70 countries around the world.
Synonymous not only with luxury, the La Prairie name evokes innovation, performance, high-touch service and Swissness — the purity, precision and excellence inherent to the extraordinary land that saw the brand’s inception in 1978.
La Prairie endeavors to fulfill a quest for timeless beauty through the highest standards of advanced technology combined with exquisite formulations and elegant packaging — elevating science to art.
Global Store Design Manager (Workflow Management)
Volketswil, Zurich, CH, 8604
Contract Type: Permanent - full-time Description:
With the two other co-leaders of the Global SD design team, assist in strategic SD direction and execute the global architectural store design. Conceptualise and design architectural elements and permanent merchandising solutions for all aspects of La Prairie installations in multiple channels of distribution (department stores, perfumeries, travel retail). Work with specific regional team partners to ensure that SD guidelines are followed to maintain brand consistency. With co-leaders, ensure that everyone is up to date about your overall mission to produce smooth operations.
Lead and manage the rollout workflow and progress across the Global architecture team. Develop your own processes to manage the workflow, and KPIs to monitor progress and performance. During peak workload periods, ensure the workload is equally distributed across all members by re-dispatching as necessary. Ensure that external partners are available and capable (through their training and knowledge of our SD concept) of helping when there is an overflow of projects. Communicate performance and progress regularly to the Global architecture team.
Maximise brand equity around the world
Manage workload performance and progress, redistributing it equally across team members during peak workload periods
Ensure good relations with external partners to keep them trained and motivated to collaborate with us
Work closely with the SD Process and Coordination Manager to align project forecast and delivery
Bring creativity to brand SD. Work closely with Global SD/VM team, Creative and Marketing team, architects, agencies, shopfitters and purchasers to update the brand’s store design concept.
Work closely with co-leaders Bible Concept and Rollout Consistency Managers to develop a strong collaboration where you contribute to each co-leader’s specific tasks. Sharing information, insights and knowledge in close cooperation is essential to achieving your specific and shared goals and objectives.
Oversee Store Design rollout execution and consistency in your allocated region(s):
- Create, manage and follow up on all stores in your allocated region(s), from design to installation, in association with your direct report(s) and regional teams
- Ensure that store designs for your allocated region(s) respect and correctly apply SD design details
- Communicate regularly with regions, VM, Project Management, Global Marketing, Procurement and Engineering teams
- Execute/oversee technical drawings, elevation plans, 3D representations for design projects that you manage
Lead and manage the workflow across the Global architecture team for our SD rollout:
- Check that we receive briefs regularly and in sufficient number to meet annual store opening objectives
- Communicate and follow up with all regions to ensure that briefs arrive on time
- During peak workload periods, ensure optimal workload balance between internal teams and with external partners
- Maintain good relationships with external partners by communicating regularly with them and training them about SD concept updates
- Ensure that all team members are trained in SD and adaptations for their allocated region(s)
- Monitor overall rollout performance to be sure that the workflow is progressing, and opening objectives are being met with success
- Regularly inform team members of our performance and progress compared to annual objectives
Participate in Store Design creation, strategy and development:
- Continuously evolve the store design concept using creative exploration and market trends
- Generate competitive intelligence by ensuring up-to-date analysis of competition as well as current and upcoming market fashion trends
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement to increase brand visibility and presence at POS
- Increase our creative capabilities, drive innovation at store level
Integrate specific events into global workflow:
- Ensure that specific projects / events (such as the Global Marketing Meeting, art shows, pop up stores, exhibitions, offices) are included in the overall design schedule
- Collaborate with the visual merchandising team for event design through to installation
Ensure collaboration and communication between all members of the Global architect team:
- Manage, organise and motivate the store designer you oversee, ensuring consistent growth in creativity and skills and constant optimisation of work tools and processes
- Collaborate with rest of team to monitor overall performance, and implement business strategies and plans based on results
- Actively participate in building an SD/VM community and streamline internal and external communication
- Maintain constant contact with regional SD and VM, Engineering, Internal Procurement and project management teams
- Establish a list of preferred and reliable freelance consultants to ensure a smooth SD/VM workload
INTERNAL: Global SD&VM teams, Regional SD&VM teams, Marketing, Creative, Purchasing Services
EXTERNAL: Design agencies, Modelers, Shop fitters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Architecture degree and the ability to create architect’s drawings
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in architecture for a luxury brand, preferably in a global environment
- Excellent knowledge of store design, store planning and construction methods, as well as regional and local points of sale (FSS, department stores, perfumeries)
- Full knowledge of all architecture-related software
- Highly creative skills in both Store Design and Visual Merchandising, artistically minded, interest in contemporary art
- Good team player with strong written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented, ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks and varied personalities
- Strong leadership skills, goal-oriented and results-driven personality, ready to push own limits
- Radiantly positive, enthusiastic, energetic
- Ability to make decisions
- Fluent in English
- PC/Mac software: AutoCAD, Adobe suite, InDesign, MS Office, 3ds Max
TRAVEL APPROX.: 20 %
La Prairie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications by candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!