Group Lead Application Technology - (18027488)
Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Group Lead Application Technology - (18027488)
We are currently looking for a Group Lead Application Technology for our site in Münchwilen AG to lead a group of around 10 application technology experts charged with the development of novel application technologies – encompassing both precision as well as conventional application methodologies. The goal is to drive a deep understanding of customer product application needs so as to ensure these insights are effectively employed in formulation development. You will create and implement opportunities to integrate new application technology interventions into product development projects and build and maintain a network with regional and country based technical support centres.
• Enable agility and responsiveness by developing people and organization that can respond to emerging needs and changes at Syngenta.
• Support novel product design by gaining and applying a deep understanding of current and future product application needs through intimate knowledge of current and future end-user needs.
• Maintain a detailed understanding of technology development across all aspects of application technology, e.g. via external collaborations, to enable external technology developments can be effectively implemented into Syngenta product offers.
• Manage the recruitment, training, development and performance of the application technologists and scientists in the group.
• Develop novel application technologies as well as finding novel external application technologies to enhance product performance and improved sustainability outcomes.
• Provide application technical expertise to support best evaluation of development products across the global field station network and collaborate with internal & external Application Technology experts.
• Provide training concepts and materials on application technology for internal and external use.
What are we looking for:
• University degree in agronomy, biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related field with a good understanding of agronomic practices and crop protection product application technology.
• 4+ years of proven team leadership skills and strong track record of project delivering.
• Sound experience in a technical position in the agronomy/biology or formulation technology and/or product application functions.
• Strong experience working across critical interfaces (including Biology, in-market technical support team, Formulation chemists and other functions) and ability to maintain a strong network of contacts within key stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate and lead a multi-functional team with credibility and empathy, maintaining a balance between local needs and issues while remaining connected to broader regional or global developments.
• Establishes track record of leadership, delivery and credibility on projects, challenges (e.g., people, products, etc) in all areas of the team’s responsibilities to the satisfaction of key stakeholders and for the team.
• Drives a coherent change agenda to take the organisation from where it is now towards full alignment with the future Application Technology strategy.
• Fluency in English, German highly desired.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
• Annual bonuses.
• A competitive pension fund plan.
• Preferential conditions with insurance companies.
• Family-friendly initiatives.
• Exclusive reduction offers for employees.
• We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – reference number 18027488.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
: CHE-Muenchwilen-Muenchwilen AG
: R&D - Development