Zurich, Zurich, CH
Head L&H RDS Technology (80 - 100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role
At Swiss Re we are building a Risk Data & Service Platform (RDS) with an aim to deliver superior Risk Insights and Services to our customers based on risk data and advanced analytics. In this context we are looking for a Technical Delivery Lead to join a cross functional team spearheading this development.
Are you an energetic leader who is truly customer-obsessed and loves working with teams to design and deliver exceptional products? You will be overseeing the delivery of disruptive change and innovative solutions through advanced analytics directly to our customers. As a delivery lead you will oversee the technical implementation and shape the architecture of Swiss Re Life and Health Risk Data & Service Platform (RDS), utilising new data tech with ML/AI and advanced analytics to our customers. You will be a servant leader who will coordinate closely with your Product Owner / Lead to stay aligned on business goals and make sure the teams are progressing and delivering against them. You will also represent the voice of the customer, whether internal or external, and make sure that team members understand customer needs and preferences.
Your main responsibilities:
- Oversee the technical implementation of the Life and Health RDS capabilities in close collaboration with the various product and project squads
- Design, maintain and evolve the overall architecture including data foundation and client facing integrations, covering the various cross-functional initiatives within the scope
- Co-design/architect with respective providers, as deemed appropriate
- Select technical resources from various vendors to integrate the implementation teams as data engineers, data scientists and full stack developers, as deemed required
- Engage with strategic vendors and partners discussing product roadmap and direction based on Swiss Re's priorities and aspirations
- Manage feature requests towards data platform vendor(s)
- Ensure the RDS is integrated with the broader advanced data and analytics platform landscape at Swiss Re and leverages synergies – e.g. interoperability between internal and external opportunities
About the team
We aim to develop and advance the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (data & analytics) platform landscape with the goal of achieving democratization of capabilities (platforms, tools and SaaS services) for enabling the creation of innovative solutions to data driven business needs.
The scope of RDS includes:
- Deliver a multi-tenant data and analytics architecture and insights service to external customers utilising SwissRe's big data infrastructure
- Setup a delivery model which supports Agile best practises including DevOps and DataOps methodologies to ensure high quality, timely solutions
- Ensuring all data design and its publication to consumers aligns with internal and external data standards including but not limited to data protection, access management, common modelling and terminology considering industry standards such as ACCORD, OMG etc
We expect you to have proven knowledge of data platforms, data science and tangible examples of creating insights to support better decision making in the business. We also expect you to have strong leadership skills to lead activities, projects and changes across multiple user groups and stakeholders. We expect a client oriented and service driven attitude. To round it up, very strong communication skills in English and at multiple levels of the organisation (up to CxO level) are required. Your focus on business value and outcome is critical for this role in order to justify the continuous investment into the platform and deliver on the strategic objectives of Swiss Re's Tech strategy.
If you are a senior Professional who is passionate about driving the strategic data agenda for Swiss Re, advancing new data driven business propositions, with a proven understanding of data platforms, data science concepts and techniques we wish to speak to you about joining our dynamic team.
We are happy to meet you if you possess:
- Proven track record of delivering results and impact
- Strong business acumen and a deep strategic mindset
- Knowledge and experience working with various data and analytics technology platforms
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of customers or clients (internal or external)
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team through influence
- A desire and openness to learning and continuous improvement, both of yourself and your team members
- Proven analytical skills and experience making decisions based on hard and soft data
- Commitment to the organization’s new way of working through greater collaboration and breaking down of siloes
- University Master's degree (or similar) in Computer Science, Business Administration or equal
- In depth skills on various technologies needed for data science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English fluency is a requirement, German or any other language is a plus
- Excellent in team and organizational development by providing the highest quality of services
- Minimum 10+ years of working experience with at least 4+ years in a similar position
- Ideally experience in insurance/reinsurance or financial industry
- Experience in information & data governance as well as in IT project management would be a plus
- Experience with big data and analytics technology, including but not limited to Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Java, Python, R, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, and others.
- Experience in integrating advanced data integration and analytics platforms – e.g. as SaaS into the enterprise landscape including managing the full onboarding, InfoSec, Access Management, and other processes as required.
- Experience of working on the data integration and analytics platforms such as Palantir Foundry or Azure Databricks, a plus
- Experience with the cloud-based services from major cloud providers including but not limited to Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in developing interoperability concepts between platforms and components, cross cloud in order to achieve a cohesive and consistent set of advanced analytics capabilities
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Reference Code: 96585
Job Segment: HR, Human Resources