Zurich, Zurich, CH
Head L&H Transformation and Governance (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Team
The Accounting and Closing L&H team in the Financial Accounting Technical department was put together just under two years ago as part of the L&H build-up in Finance Reinsurance. As we continue our journey transitioning into the L&H target operating model under Project Olympus and Financial Planning Subledger (FPSL), we expect to see the team grow in size and take on more responsibilities over the next years.
The team has global ownership of all L&H sub-ledger related accounting and closing activities covering all accounting bases (i.e. US GAAP, IFRS 17, EVM and Statutory). In addition to the sub-ledger responsibilities, the team is also responsible for ensuring Economic Value Management (EVM) reporting quality and consistency by providing second line review of the quarterly EVM valuation figures submitted by the L&H Business Management valuation actuaries. The team acts as a single point of contact for L&H liaising between many different internal functions (e.g. Reinsurance Reporting, Regional Finance, L&H Business Management Actuarial and Technical Accounting, Group EVM). Team members in Accounting & Closing L&H are located primarily in Zurich, Bratislava and Bangalore.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team in Zurich. This role offers the unique opportunity for an experienced professional to gain an overview of the end-to-end quarterly closing process in L&H and the possibility to influence the L&H target operating model during our transformation journey.
As Head L&H Transformation and Governance, you will be leading and coordinating activities for Project Olympus within Accounting & Closing L&H. This includes IFRS 17 testing and dry-run, comparative period activities in 2022 as well as implementation. In addition, you will contribute to the development of the global L&H target operating model for Accounting and Reporting with short- and mid-term transition plans. For this activity, you will be working closely with Head Subledger Accounting. Last but not least, working closely with Head Subledger Closing, you will also be responsible for global processes, standards and governance for all subledger closing activities, including process automation using the latest technology.
You will have a small Zurich based team reporting directly to you as well as additional dotted line resources. On a daily basis, you can expect to work very closely with members of other teams within Accounting & Closing L&H as well as colleagues from Regional Accounting and Reporting, Carrier teams, Business Management Actuarial, Technical Accounting, FinRe Central Governance and the Olympus Project team.
- More than 8 years of experience working in a large (re)insurance or consulting firm
- Knowledge of actuarial valuation and reporting and/or quarterly accounting closing processes
- Actuarial (e.g. SAV, DAV, FIA, FSA) or Finance (e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, CFA) qualification highly desired
- Previous experience with process improvement, automation and governance frameworks; not afraid to challenge current status quo
- Very strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with global business partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Experience collaborating in large projects with complex matrix structures
- Culture sensitive – ability to work with a multidisciplinary team across locations
- Flexibility – capable of managing own workload and provide flexibility during peak periods
- Willingness to acquire necessary system and technical knowledge
- Fluent in English, both written and oral, a must
Nice to have:
- Six Sigma qualification advantageous
- Knowledge of IFRS 17
- Previous people management experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
Reference Code: 101099
Job Segment: Accounting, Business Manager, Actuarial, Six Sigma, Business Process, Finance, Management, Insurance