Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this key position within the Lonza Finance network you will be the Controller and Business Partner for Manufacturing Processes, Innovation, Lean Operation, OT/Digital and Program Management. You will be responsible for supporting the department heads in all financial matters / controls, planning and analysis and oversee improvement program.
Furthermore, you will measure synergies and run benchmark performance across networks, validate, track and challenge operation programs, report and define KPI’s, and be accountable for the OPS reporting framework. You will also foster exchange with OPS Controller in the Divisions, support M&A deals, drive process standards & innovation for the Operations.
- Act as a controller and Business Partner for Manufacturing Processes, Innovation, Lean Operation, OT/Digital and Program Management.
- Set, implement and deliver on business objectives; analysis of performance to identify key drivers; influence teams to deliver challenging targets
- Foster exchange with Ops Controller in the Divisions/Bu’s and guide for performance management
- Take-over coordination responsibilities to global FP&A team
- Lead target and outlook process for his accountable area
- Prepare mid-term plans with functional leaders and monitor progress
- Drive automation and simplification for the Ops framework reporting
- Guide for standardization in Operation processes and drive innovation
- Ensure compliance with Lonza accounting standards as well as IFRS; represent the Global Operation Head in audit and accounting guidance
- Significant controlling experience with thorough understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in supply chain / manufacturing operations of a dynamic and multinational environment
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and strategic skills, coupled with a high energy level. Enjoys creative problem solving
- Excellent understanding of the whole value chain of the company and ability to identify the key business drivers of the organization as well as to establish the right KPIs. In addition, in-depth understanding of different business models is needed
- Proven ability to support complex business analysis and potential M&A transactions
- Extensive experience as a "Business Partner" with mind-set to help define business strategy and plans and to actively manage day to day operations
- Clear view of where the business needs to go in the next years - capability to frame and discuss strategic options for the business
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a complex, multi-functional, multi-geographical environment and matrixed organization
- Clear and concise written and oral communication with excellent interpersonal skills to rapidly establish credibility and trust among a broad range of individuals within and outside the company
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills to effectively define and implement a functional agenda
- Strong STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) educational background in preferred, MBA beneficial
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.