As one of the world's leaders in industrial chemistry, Clariant creates value with innovative and sustainable chemical products and solutions for customers from different industries. The business unit Industrial & Consumer Specialties is one of the largest providers of specialty chemicals and application solutions for consumer care and industrial markets. Combining chemical industry knowledge with high-performance ingredients and formulation expertise, ICS delivers solutions with the best cost-performance ratios.
As Head of Global Supply Chain Management (M/F/D) you will be responsilbe for the design and implemention of solutions for a efficient and state of the art end-to-end supply chain of the business unit. You will act as a change agent to promote and drive supply chain excellence. Your goal is to translate business strategy into differentiated Supply Chain and Cash strategies, whilst taking responsiblity for developing a high performing supply chain organization, effective inventory management, and operational performance management as driver for all strategic business decisions.
The best-suited candidate to this position is a result-driven, solution-oriented team player with ability to lead end-to-end projects. He/she has the capability to guide others in cross-functional teamwork by using advance tools & techniques. Intercultural experience, excellent communication, facilitation and conflict resolution skills in a complex and rapidly changing global environment complete the profile.
Supply Chain Strategy and Maturity Building
- Drive sustainable supply chain improvements in the areas of: process-, people-, and systems maturity development, cost optimization, service level improvement and NWC optimization across the entire company
- Increase capability and maturity of the supply chain organization within end-to-end planning landscape, acting as subject matter expert and coach for Integrated Planning including S&OP best practices implementation
- Translating market needs per segment into supply chain management requirements, especially in the planning systems and processes landscape in collaboration with Marketing and Clariant Excellence department
- Develop and implement best practice supply chain solutions into the BUs operating model
- direct the design and execution of differentiated SC strategies per segment (e.g. agile, efficient, project, collaborative etc.), aligned with BU strategy
- Oversee the translation of business requirements into a digital supply chain roadmap and operating model, as well as the implementation thereof
- Drive change and act as a mentor and coach to manage mindset shift within the organization
Performance management and continuous improvement
- Develop and use analytical methodologies to determine key improvement opportunities and create implementation roadmaps in partnership with key stakeholders
- Define decision framework for regions to define inventory policies, set targets in line with strategy and financial objectives, cascaded per region
- You will be accountable for the development and improvement of required KPI dashboards to analyse and improve performance vs. targets
- You will be accountable for Supply Chain related masterdata governance, setting guidelines for performance manager
- You will need to lead by example to foster unbiased decision-making for overall cross-functional business benefit, embeding a culture of team reflection of successes/failures. You should leverage key internal and
- external resources to build own content knowledge of industry and business trends
Network Optimization & Integrated Processes
- Execute projects and take active ownership of agreed deliverables, ensure the impact is quantified, communicated, tracked and realized
- You will oversees the strategic S&OP process to ensure profitable, cross-functional trade-offs. Chairs the Strategic S&OP, and prepares fact-based decision-making proposals to BU MC (e.g. product allocation principles, network optimization etc.)
- The integration of cross-functional business processes will be directed by you
- Higher university degree in relevant field, preferably Masters or higher in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or similar fields
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain management, including experience in more than one supply chain function
- High energy to drive change with strong team work and mindset, ability to coach, train and influence people by balanced application of tools/ techniques, management systems and behaviors
- Strong consultative and interpersonal skills including: indirect influencing, facilitating, driving for clarity, and securing results when faced with significant ambiguity and/or resistance
- Proven track record in developing and implementing change management initiatives; capabilities to challenge status quo and develop innovative processes and solutions in an international environment
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively using excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills in English (additional languages desirable)
- Solid understanding and demonstrated ability to influence supply chain performance drivers
- Experienced in using SAP or similar ERP-based systems and can demonstrate a solid understanding of relevant processes
- Language skills: English mandatory. Other languages such as German, Spanish or Chinese would be advantageous
- Experienced user in PowerBI, SAP APO
- Supply Chain Certification (e.g. APICS CSCMP, CPIM) would be advantageous
- A corporate culture based on the spirit of innovation
- A highly interesting, versatile and challenging work environment
- The opportunity to shape our future organisation and influence the continued growth and financial success of the business
- An attractive and performance-based remuneration and the benefits of a modern international company
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel, in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 4.399 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 17 000 employees across 50+ countries. Clariant’s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources.
We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal.
Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
[Not translated in selected language]
- Learn more about Clariant
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Our commitment to people - download our Employment Standards Brochure