Zurich, Zurich, CH
Head P&C Contracts Centre, Reinsurance (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role
Contracts are seeking a Head of P&C Contracts Centre to join our team supporting Swiss Re's Property and Casualty (P&C) reinsurance business.
This is a new role. You will play a pivotal role to help the Head of P&C Contracts to set structure, coordinate and drive key activities to accelerate P&C Contracts transformation journey. It is a dynamic role where you will be encouraged to drive, challenge and connect our vision and people, and help set priorities, which the team collectively execute against. You will lead a team of 5 specialists and will lead the Contracts Centre efforts in fine-tuning, implementing and executing on our transformation strategy, working globally and through multiple teams in P&C Reinsurance. You will regularly communicate, align and influence senior key partners in P&C Reinsurance.
Initial tasks include:
- Drive and/or contribute to high-priority initiatives, activities and projects in the function. These can be tactical in nature (how to do this) as these are strategic asks (i.e. identify area of focus)
- Act as a sounding board to the Head of P&C Contracts. This means being able to communicate wants, needs, concerns and ideas from the Centre and the Contracts community in an effective and efficient way
- Contribute in collaboration with the Contracts Management Team to the development of the Contracts Strategy; Provide mentorship and input into key strategies and tactical decisions
- Drive the execution from Contracts Centre on the tool transformation to a strategic analytics platform with a focus on wording analytics and ensure results are met
- Build governance structure to adapt to new technology and align with Swiss Re's requirements and own rollout and ongoing management, including directing the agenda, approving content, reviewing materials, deciding and preparing reports, tracking action items and execute on guidelines
- Supervise the deliverables and support team; drive the communications and Centre framework
- Actively develop and seek areas of opportunity to improve wording processes to support the function in handling contractual risks
- Develop and collate supporting materials including background data on the function and relevant insights to support Head P&C Contracts in preparation for key meetings and committees
- Maintain feedback loops with other functions (e.g. DSA, Risk Management, Business Management, Legal & Compliance, UW and CM), develop standards in conjunction with Contracts' Management Team
- Develop talent base through training, mentor, development and recruiting
- This role will evolve over time and the candidate is at ease with ambiguity and a lifelong learner
About the team
In P&C Contracts, you will join a highly engaged team of approximately 40 lawyers and specialists. Primary responsibilities of our Contracts Function include drafting and review of (re)insurance wordings, advising on contract related matters and engaging with internal and external clients to negotiate and finalize the terms of reinsurance contracts as well as the further development of our tool landscape and wording analytics.
The Head of P&C Contracts Centre will be part of, and lead, the P&C Contracts Centre team that acts as enablers and providers of valuable contracts solutions to the P&C business. The team serves as the Contracts product center and sets the standards for reviewing and drafting of (re)insurance contracts and related documents. The team drives the development of technology to support and partially automate the processes in the Contracts function. P&C Contracts Centre observes legal trends and developments in (re)insurance and translates those into rule sets in order to guarantee global consistency and good governance around the contractual agreements Swiss Re agrees with its clients.
- University degree or higher education
- Strong cross-functional analytical skills and multi-disciplinary expertise (Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, Business Management, Analytics) across Property, Specialty and Casualty Underwriting with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of markets, legal and contractual principles, and practices relating to (re)insurance
- Ability to develop strategic frameworks and break them down into impactful tasks and projects
- Experienced team leader with people leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and strong communication skills
- Well informed about and proficient in the use of modern technology, including tool & systems
- Ability to articulate the growing importance of digital technology and analytics, experience relating to tech, NLP, NLU and transformation a plus
- Outstanding level of collaboration skills, exceptional teammate and ability to establish trust and credibility with partners
- Ability to self-reflect and to provide and seek relevant and constructive feedback
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
Reference Code: 92170
Job Segment:Underwriter, Purchasing, Risk Management, Business Manager, Web Design, Insurance, Finance, Management, Creative