Zurich, Zurich, CH
Head P&C Contracts EMEA (80 - 100 %)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role
P&C Contracts is seeking a Head of P&C Contracts EMEA to join our team supporting Swiss Re's Property and Casualty (P&C) reinsurance business.
You will lead a diverse team of 13 Contracts Specialists in 4 location across the EMEA region (Zurich, Paris, London and Munich). You will be part of the P&C Reinsurance Contracts Management Team, embedded in the P&C Reinsurance Underwriting Centre. This is a dynamic role where you will be encouraged to drive, challenge and connect our vision and people, and help set priorities, which the team collectively executes against. Your leadership will support our efforts in fine-tuning, implementing and executing on our transformation strategy, and manage the evolution of the Contracts function. You will regularly communicate, align and influence senior key partners in P&C Reinsurance.
Initial tasks include:
- Responsible for the Management and Oversight of P&C Contracts performance in EMEA
- Direct line management responsibility for P&C Contracts EMEA, a team of 13 lawyers and professionals across the region with a strong leadership focus on agility, commerciality and agility
- Develop key client and broker relationships internally and externally, including handling key contract negotiations
- Contribute in collaboration with the Contracts Management Team to the development of the Contracts Strategy; Develop and implement strategy for the EMEA region
- Draft and review reinsurance agreements, manage team's referrals and act as a sounding board in assessing compliance of contractual terms in complex transactions
- Develop and execute internal trainings and client events; actively develop new opportunities and capabilities for P&C Contracts EMEA
- Drive and/or contribute to high-priority initiatives, activities and projects in the function
- Develop and promote a high-performance culture, client centricity and drive towards diversity and inclusion
- Maintain network to external peers and engage with the industry by participating in industry organizations and events (i.e. AIDA Europe, Reinsurance Wording Experts, IUA, LMA)
- Ensure adequate oversight over all controls and processes, and manage operational risk and reports on operational risk incidents
- Ensure that relevant (Client, Regional, Divisional, etc.) deadlines are met
About the team
In P&C Contracts, you will join a highly engaged team of approximately 40 lawyers and specialists. Primary responsibilities of our Contracts Function include drafting and review of (re)insurance wordings, advising on contract related matters and engaging with internal and external clients to negotiate and finalize the terms of reinsurance contracts as well as the further development of our tool landscape and wording analytics.
The Head of P&C Reinsurance Contracts EMEA will be part of, and lead, the P&C Reinsurance Contracts EMEA team that acts as enablers and providers of valuable contracts services and solutions to the P&C EMEA business. P&C Contracts EMEA supports the observation of legal trends and developments in (re)insurance as well as the translation of those into rule sets in order to guarantee consistency and good governance around the contractual agreements Swiss Re agrees with its clients.
- Degree in Law or equivalent education
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience as an attorney or related (re)insurance experience
- Strong knowledge of EU laws and regulations, including legal and contractual principles and practices relating to (re)insurance
- Solid understanding of P&C products and the EMEA (re)insurance market
- Experienced team leader with people leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and strong communication skills
- Well informed about and proficient in the use of modern technology, including tool & systems and willingness to support the development of such tools on a fast-paced transformation journey
- Outstanding level of collaboration skills, exceptional teammate and ability to establish trust and credibility with partners
- Ability to self-reflect and to provide and seek relevant and constructive feedback
- Proficiency in English, additional languages such as French, German, Italian or Spanish are a plus
- Willingness to travel (5-10%)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 92354
Job Segment:Underwriter, Purchasing, Compliance, Web Design, Insurance, Finance, Legal, Creative