Zurich, Zurich, CH
Head P&C Products Controlling (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Are you looking for a new challenge? Something that will combine technical expertise with leadership and change management? Then, the head Property & Casualty (P&C) Products Controlling within the Reinsurance Financial Planning & Analysis (Re FP&A) department is a fantastic opportunity! In FP&A, we lead, drive and build the integration of all Reinsurance performance platforms, databases and performance reports for our global Reinsurance P&C franchise.
We are recruiting a new Head of the P&C products controlling team. The team acts as finance business partner for the P&C Underwriting heads as well as the head of P&C business management. Together with the team, you will be responsible for driving performance and controlling related topics for the P&C business and act as a relay function between the Underwriting and business management heads and key Finance teams in Reinsurance Finance, Treasury & Investor Relations.
In the current ambitious and changing environment, this position entails a substantial entrepreneurial and build aspect:
- Together with colleagues in the FP&A department, you will transform the current planning process and build a more agile, dynamic platform and support the development of scenario based financial modelling that enables the Reinsurance Management Team to reduce time spent on process discussions and apply financial and business plans in a more strategic context
- The team will further be driving and supporting key projects in the performance management space and key performance indicator setting as we aim to establish a more thorough performance culture within Reinsurance
- Finally, you will support the Group IFRS project in defining and implementing IFRS related financial performance indicators in time for the Groups adoption of the new IFRS accounting standard in 2024
Core aspects of the role are:
- Act as business partner and centre of competence in the P&C space in strategic and financial planning, products controlling and analysis
- Lead a dynamic team of 4 FTEs in Zurich and functionally co-lead the P&C LoB controlling team in Bangalore
- Prepare, manage and run the P&C renewal reporting process
- Establish dynamic and multi-dimensional forward-looking modelling capabilities that allow to assess scenario-based implications on key performance indicators and capital metrics for P&C
- Make use of the latest technology to drive flexible, multi - valuation based what if analysis
- Work with other FP&A teams globally in an agile and collaborative manner
- Build out link into adjacent functions in Swiss Re to ensure P&C portfolio steering
We promote equal opportunity! Part time (80-100%) work possible. If suitable, this role offers the possibility of a job share for two successful candidates working approximately 60% each
About the Team
Reinsurance FP&A are the realists who advise on impactful decisions. This is our ambition and summarizes our mandate that you will contribute to. We drive sustainable performance of the Reinsurance Business Unit by driving strategic and financial business Plans, providing transparency on financial performance, enabling resource & capital allocation and providing commercial advice.
To succeed in this role, we require the candidate to bring an agile and collaborative approach and a can-do spirit. We provide the opportunity to become part of our performance journey as well as developing and shaping the future of FP&A and our P&C franchise globally.
- 10+ years' experience in (Re-) insurance. Strong understanding of the (Re)-insurance business and the related products, contract structures and loss models with a focus on P&C
- Leadership experience and experience in cross functional and agile leadership situations. Strong communication and development skills
- Experience in project management, financial modelling & analysis. Strong ability to turn scenario-based models and metrics into an overall strategic context
- Project management experience from a business or IT perspective
- Strategic and commercial mind-set
- Process and delivery mind-set aiming at continuous methodological and operational improvements using a systemic approach for build and operate
- Operating well in matrix setup; strong sense for community and always seeking collaborative approach
- Strong understanding of Swiss Re's performance & economic capital framework
- A good understanding of the IFRS accounting framework and willingness to become proficient in dealing with the new standard on insurance contracts and with the standard on accounting for investment contracts
- Strong affinity to change, courage to try out new things and to apply new technologies. Can-do attitude paired with willingness to collaborate across teams and departments
- Understanding of reporting processes, experience in a Controlling or Finance department
- Qualification: Quantitative university degree in Economics, Math, Physics or similar
- Actuarial qualification considered an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 97141
Job Segment: Underwriter, Business Manager, Actuarial, Accounting, Change Management, Insurance, Management, Finance