Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza have an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced thought leader to join our successful globalTalent Acquisition team. A strategic thinker who can look to the future of Talent Acquisition and lead strategies that turn visions into reality.
The strategic head; creates, develops and sustains meaningful strategies and practices to support the organisation in defining and meeting future focused hiring requirements, particularly in support of its sustained growth programs. You will ensure Lonza is ‘ahead of the game’ by creating an agenda and roadmap for best practice operational and strategic workforce planning, as well as connecting this to, and driving and developing talent scouting. The role is innovation focused, and will identify, champion and support technologies and interventions that enable continued realization of Talent Acquisition as a leading, modern and efficient contributor to realising the Lonza people strategy.
- Develop, implement and execute an overall workforce planning framework for the organization, that includes a roadmap from enabling technology in operational workforce planning to introducing best practice, technology supported strategic workforce planning
- Provide thought-leadership to HR and business leaders to enable them to proactively identify the critical workforce requirements necessary to execute strategic business plans. Serve as a trusted advisor and subject-matter expert for workforce planning activities across the enterprise.
- Lead the planning cycle, consolidating and continuously assessing workforce plans to ensure practical business alignment, exhibiting the ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams (inside and outside of HR) in the design and alignment of alternative approaches.
- Contribute to the succession planning agenda, ensuring HR and business leaders are supported with tools and practices, that enable the development and maintenance of external succession plans, ensuring that these can be maintained and kept current with engaged and ready talent for critical roles
- Lead and develop the in-house global talent-scouting organization as an integrated part of oneTA; enhance and maintain processes and systems to effectively and efficiently track talent relationships and activity, as well as provide market and decision aiding intelligence and ROIMember of the global TA leadership team, contribute to the overall strategy and delivery of a unified and harmonized Talent Acquisition offering across the group
- Bachelor's degree required
- Extensive presentation skills and deep knowledge of presentation tools – e.g. MS PPT – with ability to create compelling and synthesized Executive level decks
- Experienced at preparing and presenting business cases for investment approval, with demonstrable success at securing concept approval and funding to deliver strategic programs
- Extensive professional experience in a talent acquisition, talent management or human resources role, including in an internal recruitment management role
- Experience of the Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is highly preferable
- Experienced leader of people who has demonstrated the ability to lead and nurture teams both within and out with direct line of reporting
- Successful Change management and Project Management background with experience of leading complex programs in multi-faceted global organsiations
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing comprehensive global hiring plans with a demonstrated ability to strategically plan and execute large scale initiatives across matrix organizations
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.