Internship in Chemistry Research - (STE00022)
Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Our internships in chemistry research in Switzerland offer students who are excited by solving practical problems in chemistry a wide variety of opportunities to introduce you to Syngenta and the gain insight into the exciting work that we do and prepare for the possibility of a longer-term relationship with us.
We offer several five-to-seven-month chemistry internships based at our Research & Development Center in Stein (30km from Basel) where you may work on a wide range of projects, including:
- Chemical Research
- CAMM (Computer Assisted Molecular Modelling)
- Process Chemistry & Technology
During these internships you will have the opportunity to:
- Apply and improve problem-solving skills in organic experimentation
- Support research and process chemistry projects
- Assist with the development of new laboratory techniques
- Perform molecular modelling and virtual compound screening under the guidance of a supervisor
Tasks may vary depending on the team you would be working and are not limited to the ones listed above
We are looking for enthusiastic students with a strong academic record and good communication skills who are currently enrolled in a bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program in chemistry.
- As well as English, you should ideally speak at least one other language fluently
- Previous experience in working in a synthetic organic chemistry laboratory is greatly valued
- A valid residence and work permit for Switzerland, or the entitlement under an international treaty to obtain such (e.g. EU bilateral treaty) is required
What we offer:
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Contribution to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein
- Well-equipped laboratories and experienced colleagues
Interested? We are looking for your application!
The recruitment period begins in the fall/winter 2021 for placement the following year and includes interviews. Please submit an online application in English via the link enclosed, with your CV and motivation letter with your availability, as well as your university diplomas and transcripts – reference number STE00022.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: CHE-Stein-Stein AG
: R&D - Research