Zurich, Zurich, CH
IP Operations Lead EMEA
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Are you a self-motivated and energetic personality? Does your international business and commercial insurance background enable you to further evolve our high energy team?
If yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you in Operations EMEA. In this influencing role you will have a pivotal responsibility for ensuring the international business proposition is conveyed, understood and enabling the delivery of international program business. The main responsibilities are to ensure delivery of operations services for international programs along the entire value chain, ensure further evolution of technical capability building in an agile set-up and to secure the upskilling of our colleagues within EMEA operations.
Additionally, you will ensure we maintain process adherence, service levels and meeting key performance indicators for international program busiess. You engage with multiple business stakeholders and assist them in addressing internal and external customer queries, concerns and feedback.
Ensure service delivery
- Facilitate exception process in concert with IP Business Lead across EMEA as and when relevant.
- Ensure service delivery for International Programs business meeting or exceeding agreed SLAs and KPIs on SRI Network and for iPaaS clients. This includes the strengthening of performance of both produced and servicing business.
- Actively steer, monitor and ensure data quality for International Programs in relevant systems.
- Escalation point for BAU topics related to International Programs business.
- Ensure that IP Operations colleagues are organized and resourced appropriately with the right skills to deliver to the expectations and business plans.
Provide International Programs subject matter expertise
- Provide IP subject matter expertise and day to day guidance to ensure evolution and business readiness for our centralized service team in Bratislava.
- Develop and enhance IP knowledge and skills for IP exposed colleagues in Busienss Services, Technical Accounting and Claims Operations within EMEA and lead the network of IP Operations leads in the markets.
Endorse continuous system and process improvements
- Take a leading role on behalf of EMEA Operations during quarterly business review meetings. This includes the program increment planning for each quarter.
- Lead and coordinate system testings on behalf of EMEA Operations and any other system enhancements
- Actively participate and provide input to help prioritize system related developments
- Drive continous improvement and best practice sharing for process to gain efficiency
- Actively contribute to drive automation on IP business processes
Secure process adherence and operational controls
- Ensure process adherence according to set standards and process documentation
- Ensure that relevant controls around operational risks are being performed. Contribute to further evolve specific IP controls when required
- Align with global IP standard operating procedures and own specific IP SOPs for EMEA Operations
Enable future business ambitions and effective stakeholder management
- Active sparing partner for EMEA IP Business Lead.
- Input provider for EMEA IP business proposition and strategy.
- Ensure relevant contributions and representation during client and/or broker interactions as and when required.
- Involvement on strategic talent and resource planning
- Take a leading role and provide subject matter expertise for any sort of audits or risk reviews.
- Proactive stakeholder engagement with relevant functions and departments. This includes but is not limited to IP Leadership Group, IP Operations, Operational Excellence, Operations Managers across EMEA and Technology teams including system product owners.
About the Team
In this role you will report directly to the EMEA COO and you will work closely with the IP Business Lead in the EMEA region. Further you will interact with global functions in Operations, Underwriting Assistants and Underwriters across the region. You will be an active member of the IP Leadership team as well as EMEA Operations.
This role requires in-depth knowledge of international program business processes. We believe in team work and are looking for someone that integrates well as you will be partnering with a broad network of specialists. A service mindset will be key as well as finding the right balance of being tactical and strategic.
You have a proven track record in International Program business. Preferrably within an operations function within a corporate and commercial insurance company. Experience in facilitating different levels of conversations as a strong communicator will help you to ensure high quality service delivery as well as leading through future changes. You enjoy problem solving, are very structured, detail oriented, build up own knowledge and expertise in a topic systematically, gather facts and build consensus. You are proficient in engaging at senior management level, are a highly self-motivated, dedicated individual that is comfortable in dealing with different counterparts and cultures.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in International Program Business in a similar position in corporate insurance or within an insurance broking organization.
- Experienced advocate with track record in implementing change
- Passionate about stakeholder engagement in an influencing role
- Language skills: English fluent written and spoken, any other European language is an advantage.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, a proven ability to influence people and gain buy in to new ideas
- Strong service and client-oriented mindset
- Able to handle multiple priorities, work independently, think laterally and deliver high-quality products under pressure
- Secondary Education (master or bachelor's degree). Preferably in Accounting, Insurance or Finance
- Agile and Scrum certification
- Lean six sigma certificaiton
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reference Code: 95590
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Underwriter, Claims, Lean Six Sigma, Operations, Insurance, Management