IT Developer 100%
Are you a team player who launches yourself into your work with passion and do you have experience in the outdoor industry?
At BMC we focus on what we do best; we make bikes, pure and simple! We are hell-bent on creating that ultimate ride experience. Whether for road, track, or trail, professional athlete or weekend warrior, it is our mission to produce the best bike in every class. Our products are known worldwide, and we are one of the top brands in this segment.
You are responsible for designing, developing and implementing new software solutions as well as improvements and extending existing solutions. Ability to communicate and interact with Business Analysts and development team globally (including 3rd party developers) is essential.
At our headquarters in Grenchen, Switzerland, we are looking to fill the following vacancy to start immediately, or at an agreed upon date:
IT Developer 100%
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing new as well as existing software solutions.
- Identify areas for improvement and working with management to prioritize then implement improvements.
- Writing, deploying, maintaining, and documenting efficient code.
- Train users, admins, content managers and others within the organization.
- Ability to work with API services (REST, SOAP (SAP), GraphQL etc)
- Understanding database/data model/persistent data store creation and management (SQL based; MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, NoSQL, complex JSON models etc)
- Ability to discern lifecycle of project for best solution
- Familiar with cloud development/deployment (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Heroku etc)
- English written and spoken fluency, French / German a plus
- 2+ years development, with 1+ year e-commerce system experience (ideally Magento)
- Willing to work with overlapping time zone US Pacific Time Zone
Additional soft skills are the obvious outdoor industry experience. Ability to handle ambiguity and consistently shifting priorities (keeping up with the pace of business).
Desire to explore new technologies and implementations, not necessarily traditional development (e.g., Glide app or other Low/No Code solutions, vs creating our own app and maintenance.)
Are you ready for this ride with us? Then you could be our new team member! Please send us your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.