Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this visible role with a global exposure, you will lead a team of IT development specialists and act as IT delivery manager and IT business partner. You will oversee the implementation of developments (primarily SAP ABAP) and interfaces (primarily SAP PO). You will help enforcing standardization, harmonization, documentation and validation of deployed solutions.
- Lead a team of IT developers. Coach the supervised team members on a regular basis
- Responsible for staff related activities such as recruitment, development, replacement, performance qualification and salary review
- Monitor and continuously improve the performance of the assigned team members
- Act as delivery manager involving external parties and as business partner for internal stakeholders
- Gather IT requirements to understand the business needs
- Inform, consult and advise IT solutions. Deal with escalations and manage the expectations
- Coordinate the implementation of new and roll-out of existing IT business applications and developments
- Responsible as resource manager to staff IT projects
- Take accountability as steering group member in IT initiatives
- Control know-how transfer of deployed solutions into the 1st and 2nd level support organization
- Ensure and organize availability of resources for 3rd level support out of own team
- Outstanding skills in SAP ECC, SAP ABAP, SAP PI/PO and other (cloud) integration technologies with ability to drive excellence and set standards within the team
- Leadership personality
- System configuration and/or customization know-how
- Excellent understanding of the business processes and concepts
- Strong conceptual thinking ability
- IT project methodology know-how
- Great analytical skills
- Teaching, mentoring and coaching ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication, presentation and moderation skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
R30637 Switzerland, Basel