Zurich, Zurich, CH
ITSCM Business Analyst / Risk Manager (80 - 100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Are you an IT Business Analyst or Risk Manager with a passion for accelerating resiliency in a federated IT environment while performing within agile values, practices, and processes?
Working with the Product Owner and Chapter Leads, you will support the work of the Squad by:
- Collaborate closely with Group and Business Domain units to assess Critical Business deliverables based on BIA Assessments in an End-to-end perspective mapping them to their supporting IT Services Value Chains.
- Understand Continuity and Recovery requirements, assess and break them down into ITSCM user stories, while authoring additional requirements artifacts and documentation as needed.
- Identify and evaluate potential IT Continuity risks and Disaster impacts to organization and translate them into ITSCM measures, establish and maintain ITSCM critical metrics and objectives.
- Anticipate and plan for potential threats by collaboratively partnering up with multi-functional governance and security teams.
- Support the Squad to develop and implement effective Continuity strategies and DR plans to avoid business disruption, resume operations as quickly as possible and mitigate information loss in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Drive and support ITSCM Risk Assessments, DR Scenario building, Maturity Assessments, ITSCM dashboard and reports.
- Foster multi-functional collaboration with other Group and Business Domain Teams contributing to operational resilience.
- Advocate for ITSCM Relevancy and aligned understanding, generating Business Process and IT Service Value Chain transparency and list dependencies.
- Consulting support of our ITSCM Services customers in the functional search for new insights and solutions, as well as support of the product owner as interface to our Business Domains.
About the Team
Sitting in the new Cognitive Service Management product area, the ITSCM Governance & Process squad is a multi-national team that aims to provide a one-stop shop offering holistic ITSCM services.
We develop and maintain ITSCM capabilities to mitigate the risk of unavailability and restoring Critical IT Services in the event of a major disruption and enabling a prioritized recovery with minimal impact to Swiss Re's business processes. Our team ensures that these are effectively embedded within the organization and cater to the needs of a more federated IT landscape, Cloud technology and DevSecOps & AIOps practices.
We want to achieve this mission by:
Maintaining an effective ITSCM framework providing group-wide direction, implementation oversight and advice, supporting Business Continuity Management, safeguarding the mission critical interests of partners, customers, reputation, brand and value-creating activities.
- Partnering up in trusted relationships with Group and Business Domain teams, presenting a central entry point for ITSCM relevant topics and guidance while encouraging a strong ITSCM mentality and culture throughout the company.
- Establishing a holistic view and transparency on ITSCM requirements and implications on IT Services, mapped to Business deliverables defined in the Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Implementing sustainable DR -strategies, -plans, -trainings and -tests, whilst ensuring these are successfully embedded and maintained within the organization.
- Generating insights helping to understand required configuration management across application services, managed shared infrastructure-, middleware- and cloud- services.
- Our Team is passionate about their work and is supporting and promoting a feedback culture based on agile values, encouraging our Squad members to take freedom to drive their vision and authority for their decisions.
We are happy to meet you if you possess:
- A degree in related field or relevant experience of business domain.
- Expertise in BCM, ITSCM, Business Analysis in a similar business field or domain
- Product Domain expertise in multiple domains with consistent track record of analytical, governance and risk management capabilities.
- Qualifications such as BCI, DRII, CRISC, CBAP / AAC or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Firm knowledge in BCM/ITSCM Lifecycle and experience in BCP, DR Plan and DR Test concepts and execution
- Ability to apply business analysis techniques to identify business deliverables, processes, business impact tolerances and translate them into IT continuity requirements.
- Ability to cultivate networks throughout an organization to gather support and create a foundation for future influence
- Passion about Agile principles and are excited to embed them into your daily work
- Experienced communication skills, both written & verbal and strong partner management skills
- Curiosity, intuition and resourcefulness to solve issues that might be new to you
- "CAN DO" mentality and willingness to learn new methods and technologies to continuously upskill
- Ambitious, stress resistant and results-oriented problem solver.
- Readiness for close and cross-cultural teamwork
- English fluency is a must
- Cloud Literacy, DevOps, DevSecOps and Agile practices is as a plus
Interested in this new challenge? We are looking forward to your application!
Learn more about GoAgile here: https://swissre.sharepoint.com/sites/GoAgile
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 99481
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Risk Management, Manager, Finance, Management