Zurich, Zurich, CH
ITSCM Engineer (80 - 100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Are you an IT Engineer with a passion for accelerating resiliency in a federated IT environment while performing within agile values, practices, and processes?
Working with the Product Owner and Center of Expertise, Product Area and Chapter Leads, you will support the work of the Squad by:
In your role, you:
- Identify and assure applicability of technical ITSCM requirements of digital services by means of (predictive) monitoring, automation and system improvements
- Co-Create, advise on and orchestrate ITSCM- and DR-Plan updates, DR Scenarios, DR Test criteria, Periodic DR Test Assessments.
- Closely collaborate with representatives from Group and Business Domain units to assess their technical IT Service Solution designs supporting Critical Business Services.
- Ensure that technical ITSCM and DR capabilities are performed, maintained and documented accurately, considering technical transformation agenda of our customers.
- Analyze, evaluate and determine arising InfoTech needs for ITSCM capabilities and plan to implement measures to meet those needs.
- Help to gain E2E Value Chain understanding on DR Capability in IT Solution architecture in a multi-vendor and multi-cloud environment accounting for uprising practices like DevSecOps and AIOps.
- Establish Dependency View for ITSCM Relevancy and evaluate IT Systems for recovery prioritization and phases.
- Act as Technical ITSCM advisor to support our customers in the functional search for new ideas and solutions, and support the product owner as interface to our technical teams.
- Utilize service and asset data to generate technical resilience information documentation.
- Apply Cloud Engineering and Architecture Insights to ITSCM Framework and evaluate new technologies supporting DR measures in scaled and automated environments.
About the Team
Sitting in the new Cognitive Service Management product area, the ITSCM Governance & Process squad is a multi-national team that aims to provide a one-stop shop offering holistic ITSCM services.
We develop and maintain ITSCM capabilities to mitigate the risk of unavailability and restoring Critical IT Services in the event of a major disruption and enabling a prioritized recovery with minimal impact to Swiss Re's business processes. Our team ensures that these are effectively embedded within the organization and cater to the needs of a more federated IT landscape, Cloud technology and DevSecOps & AIOps practices.
We want to achieve this mission by:
Maintaining an effective ITSCM framework providing group-wide direction, implementation oversight and advice, supporting Business Continuity Management, safeguarding the mission critical interests of partners, customers, reputation, brand and value-creating activities.
- Partnering up in trusted relationships with Group and Business Domain teams, presenting a central entry point for ITSCM relevant topics and guidance while encouraging a strong ITSCM mentality and culture throughout the company.
- Establishing a holistic view and transparency on ITSCM requirements and implications on IT Services, mapped to Business deliverables defined in the Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Implementing sustainable DR -strategies, -plans, -trainings and -tests, whilst ensuring these are successfully embedded and maintained within the organization.
- Generating insights helping to understand required configuration management across application services, managed shared infrastructure-, middleware- and cloud- services.
Our Team is passionate about their work and is supporting and promoting a feedback culture based on agile values, encouraging our Squad members to take freedom to drive their vision and authority for their decisions.
We are happy to meet you if you possess:
- A degree in related field or relevant experience of business domain.
- Qualifications or ability to demonstrate BCM, ITSCM and DR knowledge.
- Understanding in the thread-offs of different solutions and standard methodologies with regards to resiliency, reliability and availability.
- Experience in developing technical requirements for BCP / DR Plans
- Good understanding and applied expertise in DR Testing concepts
- Sound technical understanding of Core Infrastructure-, Management-, Middleware- and CSP Services.
- Knowledge in DevOps, DevSecOps and Agile practices.
- Passion about Agile principles and are excited to embed them into your daily work
- A continuous improvement mind-set and dedication to uncovering better ways of working
- "CAN DO" mentality and willingness to learn new technologies to continuously upskill
- Ability to prioritize and apply sound commercial judgment
- English proficiency is a must
Interested in this new challenge? We are looking forward to your application!
Learn more about GoAgile here: https://swissre.sharepoint.com/sites/GoAgile
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 99542