When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services GmbH is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporation, a world-class company serving the scientific community and healthcare industry. We are leaders in providing clinical supply chain management services and clinical supplies distributed to patients worldwide. For more information about our site in Allschwil please visit: www.fisherclinicalservices.com
The Project Manager manages and co-ordinates across all technical and service aspects of a project. This will range from initial discussions with clients, development of the project requirements, documentation aspects of setting up the project and management of all project related activities through to study completion.
- Manages the delivery of all technical and service aspects of projects and studies for clients.
- Determines the preliminary design of the study and evaluates and understands the study.
- Serves as the internal link within the company and will have direct contact with all internal departments and direct one on one contact with external customers.
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard.
- Attends Project Meetings at the business or customer site. Leads and represents the business at kick off meetings as required by the customer.
- Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, visits and audits as required, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates.
- Interacts with Quality Assurance.
- Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation, and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as required.
- Provides accurate and timely financial forecasting and reporting.
- Responsible for revenue recognition for projects and verifies final production information for Accounting Department prior to invoices release.
- Participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required.
- Works closely together with the account manager to gain overall customer satisfaction.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health related field. Prefer advanced degree in a health related field.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building.
- Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and project co-ordination skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.