Laboratory Technician - Full Time - Winterthur, Switzerland
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Biopolymers R&D team within Chemtech division in Switzerland as Laboratory Technician to help us take our Bio-based and Recycling Innovation Group to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
Supporting our R&D engineers in activities related to bio-monomer and bio-polymer R&D and production.
You will be:
• contributing to the planning, execution, analysis to various scales of experimentations in the field of small molecules and polymers synthesis
• responsible for the documentation and presentation of scientific results
• Support of customer trials on pilot plant scale
• Analytical characterization with standard methods in small molecule and polymer analysis (HPLC, GPC, GC, titration, DSC, others)
• Person in-charge for analytical tools (HPLC/ HPLC-MS, GPC, GC)
• Chemical lab maintenance, purchasing materials/chemicals
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Academic Degree or apprenticeship as a chemical laboratory assistant or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience in chemical synthesis
- Experience in use of analytical methods such as HPLC, MS, GC. DSC, GPC, experience in method development is a plus
- Experienced in writing protocols, SOPs and keeping records of work done
- Ability to work independently, solve complex problems, work on multiple projects/ changing requirements
- Team player attitude, strong communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and German (spoken and written) required
- 25 days holidays
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Long service awards
Location: We are based in Winterthur.
No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to Kitti Szekeres. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2020, our 15’000 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.3 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com
As one of the awarded World’s Best Employers, we are proud to be among the Top 25 engineering companies worldwide and rank nr. 8 in Switzerland. Our position reflects our commitment to create a work environment where everyone is empowered to make a real impact.
The Chemtech division is the global market leader in innovative mass transfer, static mixing and polymer solutions for petrochemicals, refining and LNG. Chemtech is also leading the way in ecological solutions such as biopolymers as well as textile and plastic recycling, contributing to a circular economy. Our product offering ranges from technology licensing to process components all the way to complete separation process plants. Customer support ranges from engineering and field services to tray and packing installation, tower maintenance, welding and plant turnaround projects – ensuring minimal downtime.
Explore other opportunities here: