To strengthen our Designers’ team, we are looking for a dynamic Lead UX Designer. As Lead UX Designer, you will contribute and lead the formation of the product design team inside MDPI and work closely with other experts from all across our organization. You will also be involved in implementing a new design process, design system, create innovative design solutions for existing and new products. Your work will shape the future of our fast-growing organization and contribute to our vision of open science. This is a permanent and full-time position based in our headquarter office in Basel, Switzerland.
As Lead UX Designer you will:
- Lead and guide the UX Designers’ team
- Conduct detailed user research and generate meaningful insights for your design
- Create design solutions for improving the user experience of new and existing products
- Develop storyboards, sketches, prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas
- Work closely with other designers and software and web developers in scrum teams Shape and contribute to the company’s design system and documentation
- Master’s degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of professional experience in the design or software industry
- Strong experience in creating appealing digital interfaces and user experiences
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of research methods, e.g. UX research, testing
- Good knowledges in using design tools, e.g. Figma, Adobe CC Suite, etc.
- Ability to understand the value of design actions within a business context
- Ability to understanding and effectively deal with abstract and complex systems
- Creative and dynamic team leader with excellent interpersonal skills and an eye for details
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and international environment with a high level of professionalism
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit both your portfolio/work examples as well as your CV (please note that we will not be able to take into consideration applications missing either the portfolio or the CV). We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
Apply for this job Remind me later
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!