Leader Global Sales Operations
- Boston or Switzerland | Basel
Apply Now! Share
The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
We are looking for a Leader Global Sales Operations in Basel or Boston, Massachusetts to join our growing organization supporting our highly innovative software products, which digitalize biopharmaceutical R&D processes and streamline the entire R&D workflow to increase throughput and improve data quality.
As the Leader Global Sales Operations, you will be responsible for catalyzing Genedata’s business by coordinating sales activities across the product-focused sales organizations of the individual business units. You will monitor global opportunities, drive them to success by harmonizing sales efforts and facilitating communication between the account managers involved. Furthermore, you will coach sales teams and act as a liaison while delivering global revenue growth and meeting objectives of the different business units.
This is a full-time position either based in Boston USA or Basel Switzerland.
- Contribute to sales training and development across the Genedata organization globally, with focus on strategic B2B sales and business development
- Identify from the activities of the sales teams emerging global sales opportunities, coordinate their approach and monitor the sales process, facilitate communication between stakeholders to achieve better outcomes
- Consult product focused sales teams in best practices.
- Influence and cultivate relationships between sales teams across business units to foster win-win solutions
- Engage the appropriate internal resources necessary to work towards common business goals
- Keep internal stakeholders (regional, national, global) informed through a formal governance and communication process
- Collaborate with business units to create and maintain global company policies and plans for sales
- Support corporate revenue forecasting process
- Organize internal ad-hoc meetings for knowledge exchange and for coordination
- Coordinate and organize global sales meetings as well as in internal meetings between product focused sales teams
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of Genedata’s portfolio and culture
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience
- with documented sales success in broad range of products and/or services related to life sciences/biopharmaceutical industry, including software, capital equipment in the areas of laboratory instrumentation, research, and other life science products
- in large account management, including contract negotiation and execution, building C-Suite relationships, and stakeholder management
- Advanced knowledge of buying and contracting processes in biopharmaceutical industry and in B2B environments for software, capital equipment or services
- Experience working across business units / segments / functions to facilitate efficient communication and drive cross-functional sales success
- Strong empathic character and pragmatic problem solver
- Fluency in English
- PhD or MS in life science or related discipline
- Successful management or leadership experience
- Understanding drug discovery and development processes and associated value chain, ideally for biopharmaceuticals
- Good understanding of internal mechanics of internationally operating complex companies organized in independent product focused business units responsible for their own P&L.
- Track record in bringing teams together with otherwise diverging interests, in identifying common interests and joining forces with the goal of win-win situations for all stakeholders
- Experience in using Salesforce for monitoring of opportunities
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.
Apply Now! Share