GAM is one of the world’s leading independent, pure-play asset managers. We provide differentiated
active investment solutions and products for institutions, financial intermediaries and private investors.
Our core investment business is complemented by private labelling service s, which include fund
administration and other support services to third-party institutions. Togeth er we share a common set of
values rooted in teamwork, integrity, entrepreneurial flair and professional excellence.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Being able to offer an attractive work environment where
talented minds from various backgrounds are keen to work is key to the long-term success of our
c ompany. We firmly believe in the importance of maintaining the open culture of a small company,
aiming to avoid bureaucracy and encouraging a flexible, accessible and hands-on working style across
the Group. In turn, our people reward us with their loyalty.
For our Legal & Compliance Department in Zurich we are looking to hire a
Legal Distribution Counsel 100% (m/f)
- Legal clarifications relating to the distribution of funds worldwide and internal advice to the relevant
- Compliance with worldwide legal requirements for the preparation and supervision of marketing
material, preparation and maintenance of websites as well as compliance with intellectual property
and data protection rules
- Correspondence with the competent supervisory authority in Switzerland concerning the distribution
- Observation of and periodical reporting on the legal developments in the respective distribution
countries and cooperation on projects related to the implementation of such legal developments
- Assistance with regard to other tasks of the legal distribution team, such as drafting of agreements
and mandatory notifications to the competent supervisory authorities worldwide
- A fully completed Swiss law degree or foreign equivalent (Master of Law)
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant Legal & Compliance experience in the Asset Management industry,
preferably in legal distribution related matters
- Ideally, ability to demonstrate international professional experience in Legal & Compliance aspects of
investment products sales, particularly across Switzerland, the EU, possibly also in Latin America, the
Middle East and/or East Asia, the United Kingdom, Germany, Luxembourg, Italy and Spain
- Financial market and product knowledge across asset classes, and of the Swiss and European
legislation in the field of investment product sales (in particular UCITS, AIFMD, MiFID)
- Committed and flexible personality as well as the ability to work efficiently, independently and
- Fluent in German and English, other languages would be of advantage
GAM offers attractive employment conditions, including a market-oriented and performance-based
salary and flexible working hours.