- Experience with the deployment and optimization of ML models on dedicated hardware (GPU / ANE)
- Ability to dive deep into ML model compiler internals and understand the working principles.
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++
- In-depth expertise with modern machine learning and deep learning concepts: optimization
- methods, common types of models and layers, software frameworks
- Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills
- A proven understanding of robotics and the different pieces involved in an autonomous system
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with cloud development (e.g., AWS, Spark, SQL and databases)
- Ability to train and debug deep learning systems: Define metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern DL framework
- Experience with CUDA, Metal or other GPU / ANE programming frameworks is a plus
- You write clean, well-tested code. You’re passionate about code efficiency and correctness.
- Experience working with production software. You are able to understand and contribute to high-quality software for a complex system.
- A passion to building extraordinary products
- A creative, collaborative, and product focused mentality
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
DescriptionYou have in-depth expertise as a ML/DL developer and already gained experience in building, training, deploying and integrating machine learning models? You are excited to integrate and bringup the machine learning models on Apple silicon? We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us building, deploying and integrating our ML models into our runtime stack. As a member of the team, you will partner with ML developers and work on deploying and integrating groundbreaking deep learning models on Apple silicon and optimizing ML code for better training and inference throughput. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with a particular focus on deep learning (DL), optimization, and reinforcement learning (RL). You will work on one of the most challenging technical problems of today, and develop new ML solutions that will impact and enable future Apple products. You’ll join a cross-continental team of hardworking engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. We hope you’re passionate about the values that drive us: - Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We take on whatever work is right for the product and strive for the best possible results. - Humility: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. - Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals encourage us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
Education & Experience
Education & ExperiencePhD or Masters degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional experience. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!