Back to Previous Page
Job ID 322389BR Position Title Manager - Research Operations - Oncology (80-100%)* Apply to Job
200! More than 200 projects are in clinical development at Novartis transforming the lives of patients worldwide. As part of the Research Operations team of NIBR Oncology, you can join our quest for discovery of new cancer drugs within the globally working Oncology operations team. With your experience in facilitating collaborations with external institutions and collaborating with scientists to navigate the internal groups required to set up successful partnerships you will actively contribute to advance the Oncology drug discovery portfolio.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as the internal NIBR Oncology prime point-of-contact for all external contractual needs (Research agreements, Material Transfer agreements and Confidentiality agreements) with internal support functions (contractual, financial, legal, IP)
• Support the launch of pre-clinical collaborations with academic partners
• Enhance collaborations through effective communication and relationship building with key partners (Oncology leadership team, project teams, project leaders and collaborators)
• Maintain alignment between internal and partner teams
• Ensure external project deliverables to support timely internal decision making
• Can lead a variety of cross-departmental initiatives aimed at supporting scientific exchange and driving associate engagement
Position can be located in Basel or Cambridge, MA, USA
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Ph.D. or Masters Degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
• Ideally 3+ years experience in preclinical research
• Being a solution-oriented leader with experience
supporting the advancement of drug discovery through external partnerships
• Proactively identify issues and propose solutions to mitigate risk to the programs
• Support key critical initiatives driven by the OLT by establishing internal forums to connect groups cross-functionally for global project advancement
• Have the ability to coach global teams within cross-functional and matrixed environments.
• A savvy relationship-builder who can create bridges across the business and forms alliances.
• Strong leadership, organizational, and management skills.
• Highly collaborative and self-motivated teammate with excellent knowledge of English (oral/written)
• Highly skilled at communicating clearly and concisely to senior leadership, internal and external partners, and collaborators.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
* Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis! Division NIBR Business Unit Oncology NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments