ResponsibilitiesYou're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for full-time analysts to join the Markets team in Zurich. Markets at Citi provides world-class solutions that are as sophisticated and diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. We work on trading floors in over 80 countries, enriching client relationships around the clock. The breadth and depth of our underwriting, sales and trading and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries. And our expertise covers a vast array of products including equities, commodities, credit, futures and FX.
Our program is a highly competitive and selective program that gives you the opportunity to actively participate in the research, trading and marketing of securities to our institutional client base. In addition, as a full-time analyst, you will be given the opportunity to rotate across both product and function, to gain a well-rounded experience. If none of these terms make sense right now, that's OK! As an analyst, you will join a training program where you will receive an in-depth education to learn the fundamentals of the analyst role and an introduction to Citi's culture.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Collect and analyze macro market and industry specific information to assist you team
* Participate in client development, including coordinating data with clients and assisting in preparing new ideas to clients
* Build and utilize your network through work shadowing a variety of desks and asset classes across the trading floor
* Increased responsibility and client interaction as you continue to build knowledge and expertise on the program
* Spend time learning and building your knowledge on how to make prices, manage risk and execute trades across all asset classes
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The Full-time Analyst program begins in summer and runs for 24 months. You will begin with a seven week, in-depth training program before you participate in four rotations, each ten weeks in length in your first year. In your second year you will have the opportunity to complete a 1 year placement on a desk.
After submitting an application you will be asked to select which area of Markets you are most interested in; Sales, Trading/Structuring, Research or Quants. We will use this information to help align you to the most appropriate interviewer. If successful your rotations will be decided by desk availability and your stated preference but you will be encouraged to experience sales, trading and/or a structuring desk. On successful completion of the program you will be placed permanently with one desk. Successful analysts will be considered for promotion to associate after two years.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are in your final year of University or have graduated
* Expected to achieve or have achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree discipline
* You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
Who we think will be a great fit...
* You are interested in Markets and you're determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
* Interest in business
Applications will close on the 31st December 2021. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer Apply NowSave Job