Back to Previous Page
Job ID 302838BR Position Title MD Clinical Program Leader (Director), Translational Oncology Apply to Job
As a Clinical Program Leader, you have the critical role to lead and coordinate planning, execution, and interpretation of oncology early phase clinical trials.
Based on our understanding of cancer at the molecular, cellular and organism levels, Translational Clinical Oncology designs and executes innovative exploratory clinical trials to develop the next generation of highly effective therapeutics that transform the lives of patients with cancer. As a Clinical Program Leader you will provide strategic medical guidance and lead the development of experimental oncology agents in the TCO portfolio from preclinical development through clinical Proof-of-Concept and Phase 1b/2.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Clinical leader for a region / large countries or strategic sites responsible for your own clinical programs. Driving medical strategy, implementation and operational deliverables for development and marketed products, you will provide clinical leadership and strategic guidance for all clinical deliverables within your clinical programs
• Ensure effective cross-functional communications align with global strategy; lead development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents
• Support clinical research leaders by providing medical input into IDP and CTP reviews and contributing/driving development of disease clinical standards for new disease areas
• Medical expert: engage interactions with external stakeholders (e.g., regulatory authorities, key opinion leaders, data monitoring committees, advisory boards) and internal Novartis stakeholders
• May support or lead global initiatives (e.g., process improvement, training, SOP development, other Clinical Development line function initiatives)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD with relevant PhD/post-doctoral level research; specialized further training (board certification) and clinical research experience in oncology strongly preferred
• Advanced / business-level / fluent English (oral and written)
• Previous relevant & significant clinical trial/study experience, either from pharma/biotech leading early phase oncology clinical trials, a senior role within a CRO responsible for leading the medical relationship with Sponsors, or from a relevant academic medical center with PI & co-PI clinical trial experience. You are used to working independently, within teams, and leading teams of scientists and non-scientists on study planning and execution, demonstrating competence in a broad range of project and more strategic planning skills
• Recognized as an oncology expert:
- for your medical expertise: demonstrated excellence and clinical / patient expertise
- for your scientific expertise: respected by colleagues internally and externally, you’ve made significant contributions to your field and created / established new concepts; you have a record of high quality publications in international scientific journals and a demonstrated passion for science
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret efficacy and safety data relating to oncology
• Working knowledge of the application of PK/PD and biostatistics to clinical development and clinical trials
• Knowledge of GCP and worldwide regulatory requirements for clinical trials and oncology
• Excellent medical/ scientific writing, and overall written and oral communication/presentation skills, used to distilling and effectively conveying significant messages to different audiences
Your behavioral characteristics
• Demonstrated passion for treating patients and science
• Strategic thinker: you have created major innovations, networked with and influenced external medical leaders with your clear and logical presentation of complex strategic issues
• Innovation: a curious mind and a natural instinct to seek out new clinical discovery opportunities and clinical study approaches
• Results-driven self-starter and decision taker; good planning, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills; strong cooperative team player, flexible in a changing environment; Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic; responding constructively to challenging new ideas and input
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division NIBR Business Unit Oncology NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments