Job Advert Title:Medical Manager Oncology (m/w/d)
Location:Astella Pharma A.G. Switzerland Home office
Department:Medical Department Oncology
Astellas Pharma AG is an affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc., a top 20 global pharmaceutical research company. Astellas is committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the Americas and around the world.
Medical Manager Oncology (m/w/d)
The Astellas Medical Affairs team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oncology Medical Affairs Specialist to be responsible for the implementation of the medical strategy (Core Medical Plan). As Medical Manager you will conduct medical and scientific activities to understand the local and external environment and data gaps, translate insights into strategies and activities, as well as to ensure the information needs of key stakeholders are fulfilled to help ensure the safe and appropriate use of Astellas products. The position is based in Switzerland.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Thinks strategically in the development and execution of the Core Medical Plan (CMP) with the Brand strategic focus
- Demonstrates matrix leadership by developing and maintaining integrated partnerships with key internal stakeholders in Switzerland, including the brand team, to address local needs, advance the medical/scientific understanding of Astellas products across their lifecycle, and achieve business objectives
- Provides strategic medical and scientific expertise in support of all Medical Affairs deliverables and cross-functional activities of the Swiss affiliate
- Responsible for identifying and effectively engaging with Key External Experts in relevant Therapy Area to advance the understanding of the science behind compounds in development, the safe and effective use of Astellas products and disease states that they treat.
- Executes Medical Affairs activities (e.g., advisory board meetings, symposia, medical insights generation, internal trainings) and ensures these activities deliver value and are based on scientific validity, clinical importance and on time & budget
- Minimum Master in Health-related Science
- 5-7 years’ experience in the Pharma industry and at least 2 years in Medical Affairs
- Fluent in written and spoken business English and German. French language skills are a plus.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of industry laws and regulations as well as Swiss healthcare system
- Proactive strategic partnering with different internal functions and the ability to work crossfunctionally
- Experienced in managing complex projects independently
- Foundational understanding of the drug development process as well as commercialization
- Good knowledge of Oncology. Knowledge of Solid Tumors is an advantage.
- Preferable a good understanding of the dynamics of a large corporate environment; being comfortable with matrix reporting lines.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally 20% to 40% of the time including overnight travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.ApplyShare this job:ShareShare Medical Manager Oncology (m/w/d) with FacebookShare Medical Manager Oncology (m/w/d) with TwitterShare Medical Manager Oncology (m/w/d) with a friend via e-mail< Back