Back to Previous Page
Job ID 294317BR Position Title Multi-Therapeutic Area Head / Biomarker Strategy Lead (Director) Apply to Job
800 plus biomarker discovery and development projects, across more than 100 clinical studies, which generate 20 petabytes of patient data! All waiting for you to unlock the next breakthrough in medicine.
Biomarkers are critical components of translational research, enabling robust therapeutic and mechanistic hypothesis testing in early clinical development, and as precision medicine enablers e.g. defining patient subpopulations, predicting patient responses, and use as diagnostics.
As a Therapeutic Area Head (TAH) in NIBR Biomarker Development (BMD) leadership, your responsibilities will include:
• Representing Biomarker Development on Hepatology, Renal, Hematology and Tropical Diseases Disease Area Decision Boards to identify, develop, and drive disease and mechanistic biology, translational pharmacology and precision medicine approaches for the portfolio
• Leading a dedicated matrixed group of biomarker subject matter experts and project team representatives to develop and oversee clinical project strategies, plans and timelines in partnership with line function leaders
• Leading strategic working groups centered on integrating and analyzing large-scale patient “omics” data sets to identify new indications, endpoints, and responsive patient sub-populations
• Providing thought leadership with other BMD TAHs to identify synergies and drive innovation across our large and diverse clinical portfolio
• Implementing strategies in close collaboration with the BMD global organization which includes over 100 associates with expertise in all aspects of biomarker science i.e. genetics, genomics, molecular and cellular, digital devices, imaging and data sciences
This position can be in Basel, Switzerland or Cambridge MA, USA. Please state in your application letter which location you would like to be considered for.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD degree required, plus additional PhD / postdoc or equivalent level research
• Scientific excellence supported by recognised high quality publications; clinical expertise in hepatology, renal, hematology or rare diseases (Board Certified or similar level preferred)
• Experience performing similar role within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology research company, clinical research organization or academic medical center
• Significant relevant experience after your MD / PhD / postdoc including quantitative expertise in biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer biology, statistical genetics, machine learning, or data science; hands-on analyzing, interpreting and publishing studies consisting of “omics” data e.g. genetics, genomics, proteomics; closely partnering with/leading data scientists
• Proven success in leading matrix (global, cross functional) teams including well-developed interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and influencing skills
• Creative and innovative leadership with a sharp and objective intellect
• Human genetics or clinical imaging experience is desirable
• Business-level / fluent English (oral and written)
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division NIBR Business Unit Translational Medicine Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments