We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to manage a team of engineers building the next generation Operating System and Virtualization technologies for revolutionary Facebook AR/VR consumer electronic devices. The ideal candidate has experience designing and developing critical and complex systems software typical of an operating system kernel in addition to strong communication, organizational, cross-functional and people management skills.Operating Systems Software - Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Build a high performance team working on developing and productizing OS kernel and/or virtualization solutions
- Hire, onboard and retain exceptional engineering talent, support career advancements and skill development
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on individual accountability and teamwork
- Set ambitious yet attainable goals, and motivate the team to achieve them
- Drive efficient and effective cross functional collaboration with the broader teams
- Plan and coordinate major initiatives such as phased releases of the team’s software that align with product roadmaps and organizational priorities
- Influence the engineering culture of the team and advocate for higher product quality and engineering efficiency.
- 5+ years experience developing, debugging and shipping C or C++ based system software products
- Significant experience managing software development teams
- Experience with software development tools and processes such as source control, bug tracking, design documentation, Agile methodology etc.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a large organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of ARM v8/9 and/or x86_64 architectures as it relates to developing Operating Systems, Virtualization solutions and Security
- Experience in technically leading and/or managing teams developing Operating Systems and/or Virtualization solutions
- Track record of successfully managing teams through various phases of a project
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.