Back to Previous Page
Job ID276802BRPosition TitlePatent ParalegalApply to Job
30000+ active patent records! That’s the volume we are handling in our global R&D Intellectual Property Operations team. Would you like to join a team that is spread across 5 sites and has members from 7 countries supporting 83 Novartis patent attorneys/agents located around the globe? As part of our team based in Basel, you will support our attorneys to coordinate patent filings and patent prosecution worldwide.
Provides a high level of paralegal support including but not limited to filing and prosecution to patent attorneys on the various IP sites (e.g., Basel, US, China and India), ensuring provision of a high quality range of paralegal services to the R&D IP department. To take leadership when assigned in running projects or guiding the work of other Paralegals
Core tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
• Filing of EP, international and foreign patent applications and related correspondence from filing, issuance of grant and maintenance.
• Responsible for meeting patent formalities requirements for EP, US and international patent filings, patent nationalizations into foreign jurisdictions and other conventions.
• Responsible for draft preparation of simple responses to official communication and notifications from patent offices/agents.
• Independent, proactive and critical review, maintenance and assistance of responsible attorney(s)’ dockets and ensure that all related deadlines are met in a timely manner.
• Monitor and update electronic docket for responsible attorney(s) and assigned paralegal tasks on a daily basis to ensure up-to-date dockets.
• Coordinate outsourcing, transfer in and transfer out of patent files and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing risk of loss of rights.
• Undertake projects to address global prosecution and operational issues affecting department or IP function cross divisionally.
• Maintain and share expert knowledge of latest patent rules and adapting practices to comply. •
• Be able to mentor or train other paralegals/colleagues.
• Role may include patent services data input and invoice processing.
• Work to foster a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment
Paralegal Certificate/IP certification or equivalent experience University/college education preferred 1-2 years exposure working in a global setting, of leading projects and managing its resources a English written & spoken (required)
• At least 5 years professional experience as a patent paralegal having worked with or managed resources from law/patent firms
• Good written and spoken English 1-2 years exposure working in a global setting, of leading projects and managing its resources.
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicineDivisionNIBRBusiness UnitCAO - NIBRLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaLegal & Intellectual Property & ComplianceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegular
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments