Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity for an experienced P&C reserving actuary to further develop his/her career within an international business environment! This position is embedded in the Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Actuarial Reserving Team for Europe and Middle East (EMEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC), which is part of Swiss Re Group Risk Management.
The main focus of this role will be on reserving, economic valuation and financial reporting. Furthermore, the position supports the business unit's growth strategy by collaborating in various actuarial projects such as M&A activities and supporting the actuarial process development, which includes the implementation of a new reserving tool. In addition, the incumbent will regularly and extensively discuss business results and activities with our senior partners. Last but not least, he/she will be involved in the transition from USGAAP to IFRS 17 in terms of related actuarial topics.
Which are the key responsibilities?
- Quarterly estimation of P&C insurance portfolio reserves (local statutory, US GAAP), including tight cooperation with major internal partners (Claims, Underwriting, Pricing, Finance/Accounting)
- Presentation of results to senior management
- Estimation of the corresponding pay-out patterns serving as one of the input parameters for EVM and solvency calculations
- Preparation of internal and external (statutory) financial reportings and presentations
- Detailed ad-hoc portfolio reviews and analyses as the need arises
- Actuarial support in M&A projects and growth strategies
- Support of reporting and process development, including collaboration in the development of the new reserving tool
- Coordination with our actuarial teams in different regions to align on e.g., tracking of deliverables, process analysis, simplification and automation
Keeping close interaction with our crucial internal partners, observation of external factors, such as market and regulatory changes and taking suitable measures, are all keys to successfully fulfill these duties.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The incumbent will be part of our Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Zurich-based actuarial team. The main responsibility is determining the technical reserves at adequate levels meeting all local statutory and US GAAP requirements for the regions EMEA as well as APAC. In addition, we are supporting Swiss Re Group in all actuarial risk management aspects with respect to Swiss Re Corporate Solutions.
What are the key requirements?
- Qualified or close-to-be qualified Reserving Actuary with about 5 or more years of experience in P&C (re-)insurance
- Excellent statistical modelling and data analytics knowhow including coding skills using for example R, SAS, or Python
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS financial principles and reserving methods for P&C (re-)insurance business
- Broad experience within the framework of regulatory reporting, including solvency calculations (Swiss Solvency Test, Solvency II)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proactive attitude
- Advanced written and verbal English language skills (additional languages, e.g. Spanish or Chinese, will be considered a plus)
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and execute across multiple work efforts simultaneously
- Integrative personality with the ability to efficiently work together with different personal styles and cultures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 97895
Job Segment: Underwriter, Law, Accounting, Claims, Actuarial, Insurance, Legal, Finance