Back to Previous Page
Job ID 308658BR Position Title Principal Scientist Molecular and Cellular Immunology (80-100%) Apply to Job
105,000! The number of unique individuals that work at Novartis, all with different needs and aspirations, aligned to a single inspirational purpose: to Reimagine Medicine for millions of patients around the world!
This is why the department for Autoimmunity, Transplantation and Inflammation within the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research is focused on the discovery of innovative and transformative therapies to improve the lives of patients suffering from autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated senior scientist to initiate and lead research and drug discovery projects focusing on innate immunity, inflammation and autoimmunity.
You will be responsible for leading a state-of-the-art laboratory of BSc/MSc level scientists to:
• Identify and validate novel disease-relevant targets and initiate drug discovery projects • Contribute to and/or lead early drug discovery projects within multidisciplinary teams up to clinical studies in patients
• Closely collaborate with scientists, clinicians, and technology experts across different departments in a global organization
• Contribute scientific findings resulting in impactful publications in peer-reviewed journals
• A PhD or MD/PhD degree with several years of postdoctoral experience with a strong background in innate immunity and inflammation
• Significant scientific accomplishments and successful collaborations documented by publications in high-impact journals
• Strong technical and theoretical background/expertise in biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology and/or, state of the art Omics technologies
• Proven track record of leadership, strategic thinking, creativity, and risk taking
• Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
• Experience as an independent research scientist in an academic setting and/or in the pharmaceutical/biotech sector
• Proven success in independently initiating and leading interdisciplinary research projects
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division NIBR Business Unit AUTO/TRANS/INFL - NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments