Process Chemistry Intern – 6 months - (18026189)
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Process Chemistry Intern – 6 months
We are looking for a 6-months Process Chemistry Intern in our Syngenta Development Center in Münchwilen. The focus of the position is to provide process and technical capability in support of development projects for the optimization and scale up of chemical processes to produce new and intermediates active substances and to assist the development of new tools.
• You will work under the guidance and supervision of Syngenta Staff
• You will carry out activities in strict compliance with Syngenta HSE policy and general instructions
• Provide concepts, ideas and detailed work plans for the completion of tasks and activities
• Determine/define experimental methodologies, participate in risk assessment and to implement independently in laboratory
• Accurately record data using Syngenta ELN or other reporting tool as required and to ensure the data is available for future users
• You will report findings, results and projects clearly and appropriately (written reports, powerpoint presentations, verbal communications and poster sessions)
• Furthermore, you will maintain confidentiality of Syngenta data
What are we looking for:
• Student in process of completing or possession of a master’s degree in Organic Chemistry
• Enthusiastic and proactive engagement with laboratory teams, engineers, chemists, and analytical staff
• Organic Synthesis background is a must
• Experience in transition metal complex synthesis would be a significant strength
• Knowledge in Computational chemistry and data analysis would be a benefit
• Reasonable spoken and written English. German or French are a plus. Ability to communicate within a German speaking environment is a strength
• Effective planning with flexibility to respond to changing situation and ability to work in a multicultural environment
What we offer:
• With your work you can make an impact to the food security of people -> #briningplantpontentialtolife
• Possibility to grow and internal opportunities within Syngenta
• A responsible work with interesting challenges
• An open and pleasant working environment
• Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) – reference number 18026189.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: CHE-Muenchwilen-Muenchwilen AG
: R&D - Development