Project Management Office (PMO) Lead
Department: Management Support
Job Title: Project Management Office (PMO) Lead
Location: Opfikon-Glattbrugg, Switzerland
Reporting to: Chief Transformation Officer (CTO)
Start Date: December 1, 2021 (latest)
Swissport Transformation team are supporting the successful delivery of its CORE Transformation program. This programme will enable the company to come out strong out of the covid crisis, strengthen our customer-centricity, deliver consistent operational excellence across geographies and manage costs in effective manner.
Working with the Transformation Office and the Business sponsors, the PMO Lead will be a part of the delivery of this complex cross-business programme, in an interdisciplinary environment and high levels of senior exposure. In this role you will primarily oversee and track transformation projects and support results delivery on a global level.
- Provide visibility of initiative, work stream, and program level progress status, savings achievement, risks, and implementation costs by development of templates, ensuring compliance with PM methodology, frequent regular follow ups, and reporting for Management level updates and decision making.
- Flag delays, unmitigated risks, and issues for escalation. Work with the work streams to resolve conflicts, and remove roadblocks
- Establish the PM support tool, and drive development and clarity work stream progress dashboards
- Support transformation delivery teams in prioritisation and managing initiatives pipeline (development, maturity) and driving data accuracy allowing for transparency of progress
Planning and Financial Management:
- Ensure development of clear and realistic work stream and initiative implementation plans, with established milestones with clear link to EBITDA generation
- Lead development of integrated Program level plan, and work with the work stream teams to identify interdependencies, and potential conflicts
- Working with delivery teams and Finance, define Transformation benefits baseline, calculation methodology, and mechanism of tracking against actuals
- Define, plan and track necessary Transformation costs. Implement effective Transformation cost control process and ensure compliance.
- Develop, maintain and ensure application of project management standards and governance across the portfolio of work streams
- Work closely with work stream delivery teams, support and educate on PM standard implementation, as well as help trouble shoot work stream specific issues
- Define and maintain risk management framework for Swissport Transformation, as well as the Risk Register
- Work with the work stream delivery teams to implement the Framework, and work -stream level risk management
- Proactively identify risks and issues at Transformation Program level, and call out issues hindering pragmatic implementation
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in business administration, finance, economics, engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 7 years of total work experience, and min. 5 years of project management experience in an international and global environment.
- Experience in working in Private Equity environment and ability to work under time pressure
- Good understanding of financials (P&L, Cashflow) and financial management of projects, budgeting, actuals tracking and reporting
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of data management
- Team focused working style that fits into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-driven, adaptable and resilient, with a growth mindset
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with stakeholders at different levels of management
- Strong presentation and influencing skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional level knowledge of Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and verbal command of English as the corporate language, any other language is a plus