Propulsion Control Engineer-TETO-CHZU02343173
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Propulsion Control Engineer (m/f) in Zürich, Switzerland.
The Propulsion Control Engineer (m/f) has the technical lead for the propulsion software for a vehicle project. The duties include SW concept specification, requirements engineering, software configuration, testing, commissioning, field support and management of the propulsion software sub-project.
- Technical lead for the propulsion control software (e.g. power conversion, motor converter control)
- Project setup, planning and reporting
- Coordination with Propulsion and Converter Design, Vehicle Integrator and other stakeholders
- Software Requirements development and management
- Software design, implementation and parameterization
- Testing on the simulator, in the powerlab and commissioning on the vehicle
- Field Support – analysis of incidents resulting from the operation of the vehicle during commissioning and during customer service
- Degree in Electrical engineering (MSc, BSc) with a specialization in power electronics and/or control systems
- Knowledge in programming of DSP and Microcontrollers
- Software development experience preferably IEC 61131-6 or Matlab/Simulink
- Practical experience in the railway industry or in the area of control and power electronics is an advantage
- Ability to coordinate with different stakeholders and to drive for a technical solution and to develop technical concepts and design specifications in a structured way
- Good communication skills
- German and English fluently, other languages are an advantage
- Willingness to travel abroad (10-20%)
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
11.12.2020, 8:39:16 AM
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Testing, Engineering, Technology