We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Publisher to join our business development team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in launching new journals, journal acquisition and transfers of society journals. This new role is a permanent and full-time position based in our Basel office.
As Publisher you will:
- Drive the expansion of MDPI journal portfolio (through new acquisitions, takeovers of society journals, new journal launches either MDPI-owned or society-owned)
- Negotiate contract terms and contribute to MDPI journal tender proposals
- Build and maintain a strong network of external stakeholders (editors, authors, societies, research institutes)
- Contribute to the development of journals’ related products (books, services)
- Represent MDPI at publishing and scientific conferences
- Advocate for MDPI and the open access model in general
- Responsible for content development, showing innovative approaches
- Participate in various projects and initiatives that are run across the journals and the company
Our ideal candidate:
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in the publishing industry
- Strong scientific or publishing background with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in open access publishing is an asset
- Strategic outlook to journal development
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Team leader with the capability to work in a dynamic and multicultural working environment
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you.
Apply for this job Remind me later
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!