R&D Project and Portfolio Digital Lead (m/f/d) - (18043948)
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality, and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration, and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
R&D Project and Portfolio Digital Lead (m/f/d) – 18043948 - Basel
Working as part of the Global Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) organization and in close partnership with the Project Management, Portfolio Management and PPM Operations Team, the PPM Digital Lead leads the PPM Data Assets & Exploitation Team. The team collaborates across Syngenta R&D (and other) functions to maximize the effectiveness of the delivery of products which optimally meeting the growers needs, into the hands of the grower.
- Ensure strategic foresight and lead development and implementation of digital capabilities, tools, data integration, exploitation and predictive science activities in the Project and Portfolio management space
- Build and lead a team of data experts driving data management, exploitation, predictive science, and systems development related to Project and Portfolio Management activities to enable data-driven, leading-edge planning and decision-making for R&D projects globally
- Drive data analytics needs for Crop Protection development in the different product lines and geographies
- Design, communicate and implement technical strategies for data management in Product Development.
- Is the primary strategic contact for other functions, especially for TDI (Technology and Digital integration) and R&D IT; act as representative in cross functional digital transformation and change initiatives
- Create value by championing data and digital platforms to enable cultural awareness, sharing of data and best practices and alignment across regional project and portfolio experts and related communities.
- Evolves and owns the Project and Portfolio Management digital strategy and supports the function in implementation
- Drives strategic innovation in data exploitation and predictive analytics for more effective delivery of products to the market.
- Recruits, develops, and leads a team of data analysts and scientists with expertise in data management, modeling, and statistics.
- Leads the development of new systems for data capture, exploitation, and storage of data.
- Leads the development of tools for data analysis, interpretation and modelling together with R&D IT and TDI organizations to enable step change in product knowledge and speed up project decisions.
- Ensure shared data, as well knowledge and technology transfer between Global and regions
- Leads the organization’s step change in Project and Portfolio Management data analytics.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators and metrics for the performance of the project and portfolio delivery to enable continuous improvement and prioritize investment
- Drives cross-functional digital change program in Crop Protection Development
- In-depth knowledge of digital science and technology, methods, and tools
- Hands-on experience planning and delivering digital transformation
- Strategic thinking and passion for digital technology
- Deep appreciation of the value and opportunities in data and digital - experience in creating, managing, analyzing, or using complex data to make business decisions
- Good knowledge of agribusiness (crop protection, biologicals, new technologies)
- Understanding of the R&D organizations, and key processes involved with development of new active ingredient and products
- Ability to build and lead high-performance team
- Excellent networking and communication skills across all levels of seniority and awareness of digital and data capabilities
- Project and program management background, with managerial experience in industrial scientific R&D across regions and cultures
- Post-graduate degree in STEM, informatics, or data discipline
- Broad understanding of digital tools and data management and analytics solutions along with Agile delivery
- Proven track-record of delivering successful data/digital projects in complex, matrix environments
- 5+ years’ experience in people management, mentorship, and coaching
- 10+ year work experience overall including R&D portfolio and project management
- Previous experience in life sciences Research and Development will be advantageous
What we offer:
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment. With your work you can make an impact to the food security of people: #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce (3 days a week in Basel)
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from an onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits
- A competitive pension fund plan
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV) – reference number 18043948.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Did you know? Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: R&D - Development