Facebook Reality Labs Research (FRL-R) brings together a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineers to create the future of augmented and virtual reality. Our team experiments with bold ideas to create the next generation of digital humans and avatars. As a research engineer, you will foster our scientific explorations in areas like human shape, motion, and appearance capture, biophysical modeling, simulation and rendering. Together, let’s step into the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real.Research Engineer - Digital Humans Responsibilities
- Collaborate with diverse and interdisciplinary researchers, engineers, and designers to conceptualize, build, and test novel digital humans and avatars technologies.
- Support the realization of research outcomes into code and experiences through reusable tools, extensible plug-ins, and clear readable code.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with uncharted technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of inventing the future of digital humans.
- Masters degree in the field of Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Physics, Machine Learning or related fields.
- 3+ years experience in development of real-time systems, multi-threaded applications, performance benchmarking.
- 3+ years of experience programming with C++ and/or Python.
- 3+ years experience in creating 3d geometry processing and/or machine learning solutions.
- PhD in the field of Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Physics, Machine Learning or related fields.
- Experience with designing real-time systems in C++ and Cuda.
- Experience with digital double generation for high-end VFX and/or video game applications.
- Experience with image processing, multiview systems, camera calibration, pose estimation, 3D shape deformation models, 3D reconstruction and registration, non-linear optimization, neural network training and deployment, distributed and cloud computing.
- Experience with 3d packages such as Maya, Blender, Houdini, Unreal Engine, Unity.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, first-authored publications in peer-reviewed journals/conferences.
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.