Back to Previous Page
Job ID297247BRPosition TitleResearch Scientist - in vivo pharmacology & ex vivo Biology (80-100%*)Apply to Job
5500! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
Applications are invited for a scientific associate position in a laboratory that carries out cutting-edge oncology drug discovery pharmacology research. We seek an experienced, motivated and ambitious associate wishing to continue a successful scientific career in a fast-paced drug discovery environment. You will work on global projects using a wide range of in vivo and in vitro techniques while closely interacting with your lab head and colleagues. You will join the Global Oncology Drug Discovery group contributing to develop novel cancer therapeutics and bring innovative targets into our world leading Oncology portfolio. The position is based at the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research (www.nibr.com) in Basel, Switzerland.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for working with rodents and a drive to perform in vivo oncology pharmacology studies including micro-surgeries, compound administration and preparation of samples for ex vivo analysis. Hands-on background performing small animal imaging modalities such as uCT, ultrasound and bioluminescence imaging is a plus. The successful candidate will work collaboratively as an integral part of global projects and be an active member of lab and project teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design, perform and evaluate experiments to characterize novel drug candidates for oncology projects in various in vitro and ex vivo assays (e.g. cell culture, transfections, proliferation assays, ELISA, PCR, Western blotting, FACS)
• Develop and characterize novel innovative in vivo oncology models using molecular imaging techniques
• Independently search for information in scientific and technical literature and present your data within the team
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master degree in medical physics, bioengineering, biotechnology, pharmacology or related field
• Highly experienced in performing animal studies (animal handling, drug application, sampling, animal welfare regulations, small laboratory animal surgery)
• Good knowledge of standard molecular and cell biology techniques: cell culture, quantitative real-time PCR, transfection, western blotting, cell engineering
• Strong interest in working in a creative environment where you demonstrate proactivity, a flexible attitude and scientific curiosity
• Well organized with a track record of delivering high-quality results
• The position requires excellent communication skills in English and the motivation to work independently within a global team
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis
https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/networkDivisionNIBRBusiness UnitOncology NIBRLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularShift WorkNo
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments