At Facebook Reality Labs, we’re developing the input technologies that will define the future of the virtual and augmented reality computing platforms. We are looking for a creative, skilled and motivated Research Scientist to join our machine perception team in advancing the state-of-the-art of human understanding, action recognition and statistical text decoding. You will work with research scientists, software engineers and hardware engineers to design technical solutions in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.Research Scientist - Input and Action Recognition Responsibilities
- Work with researchers to develop input architectures that combine vision and language.
- Design and prototype interactive experiences and evaluate them through user research.
- Design and prototype data collection systems to accelerate machine learning.
- Collaborate and work across teams to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, data collection, machine learning, etc.).
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in Computer Vision or Machine learning
- Experience in developing interactive solutions for computer vision, natural language processing, or computer graphics.
- Experience working with PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Technical knowledge across a range of topics including machine learning, optimization, Bayesian statistics and state estimation.
- Publications with the research focus Unsupervised Learning and segmentation of complex activities from videos and long range video understanding
- Publications at computer vision conferences like ECCV, ICCV or IEEE
- Research experience in 3D pose estimation, action recognition, end-to-end speech recognition, real-time statistical text decoding.
- Experience with sequence modeling, domain adaptation or representation disentanglement.
- Experience transferring technology from research in computer vision, machine perception or machine learning into a shipping product.
- Experience with joint hardware-software development and associated rapid prototyping.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
LocationsAbout the Facebook company Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.