The Salesforce Industry Consultant actively contributes to company growth by sharing thought leadership in the financial services industry, helping generate new leads, designing appropriate value propositions and accelerators and helping turn opportunities into new business, as well as providing customer advisory through consulting delivery engagements.
The Industry Consultant provides industry domain expertise to financial services clients and demonstrates how the Salesforce 360 platform fits in to enterprise business and IT architecture in the Financial Services sector, which can include Banking (Retail, Commercial, Corporate etc), Wealth management, Mortgage and Insurance industries.
We seek a candidate with deep functional knowledge and Financial Services industry experience who can engage key business and IT stakeholders to identify business and technology challenges, design solutions, develop and execute successful client experience strategies and present recommendations that help organisations meet evolving business needs and deliver tangible business benefit.
Additionally your ability to quickly comprehend the functionality and capabilities of Salesforce Financial Services Cloud, core Clouds and associated technology across the Salesforce eco system and wider technologies will be paramount to your success in this role.
This senior-level role will work with executives, senior managers and project teams to ensure overall project success. Travel expectations vary based on business needs (whether projects or pre sales); ability to be flexible and travel as needed, is a requirement (whether cross-borders or in-country).
- Serves as an expert during the sales process to demonstrate the value of solutions built on Financial Services Cloud. Provides insight and best-practice recommendations for our clients around the optimal use of Financial Services Cloud, or alternate solutions based on Salesforce and wider technology
- Ability to scope and advise on solutions based on Financial Services Cloud. Leads business process redesign, roadmap planning, and identifying touch points in multi-cloud implementations.
- Works with clients to build out their CRM strategy and roadmap, enabling both quick wins and longer-term strategic goals, leveraging Salesforce Financial Services Cloud Platform and supporting technology
- Leverages people, process and technology to establish a CRM strategy that aligns to customers business strategy, engages stakeholders and supports the development of “World Class”capabilities and solutions underpinned by cutting edge Salesforce technology.
- Advises customer stakeholders of all types, marrying together aspects of business, technical, operational, governance, and user experience through digital touchpoints across the customer journey.
- Working with multiple stakeholders, identify the most important client business and technical challenges, conduct analysis, and present strategic solutions that align to the corporate corporate strategic goals and objectives.
- Leads senior business stakeholders through transformative activities, beginning with discovery, divising roadmaps, through delivery of business value designed at streamlining business processes to achieve optimal performance.
- Conducts and leads engagements with customers ranging from platform assessments and healthchecks, devise digital strategy and technology progamme roadmaps, conduct capability maturity assessments, Centre of Excellence strategy and design, operational and governance design and advisory, as some examples.
- Advises on optimal programme structure, implementation approach and methodologies, release management strategies, operational and governance models, based on the various factors and scope of customers digital transformations initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert. Confident and willing to challenge a customer and guide the customer towards the appropriate solution for their needs and push back if a customer is asking for solutions that aren't in their best interest.
- Proven ability to build relationships with constituents, including: clients, internal teams, consulting partners and vendors.
- Builds tight relationships with focused Sales team (Account Execustives/Manager, Client Partner etc) in order to develop together customer development initiatives.
- Collaborates with sales during the presales/discovery stage to research and understand client business and technical challenges and drive towards value added solutions.
- Supports and drives pre-sales including, advising & consulting, scoping, solutioning to delivery modelling & release sequencing, effort estimating, and helping building compelling and winning proposals including presenting effectively to senior customer stakeholders.
- Responsible to build relationships with the EMEA wide industry leaders of Salesforce demonstrating thought leadership and leverage each others network.
- Contributes to the development of GTM and delivery tools, artefacts, assets and resources, thought leadership, and client offerings through personal experience and perspective.
- Manage and lead resources assigned to project that are responsible for the implementation of cloud solutions designed to enhance the client experience.
- Stays up to date with the latest updates and trends in the industry and Salesforce solutions as well as competitive solutions.
- Functions as a leader within the organisation and select industries. Examples may include internal subject matter expert and evangelist, community leader, speaker at industry events.
- On an account and opportunity level, heavily contribute or be responsible for management of the overall solution and guide prospects and clients, together with the Sales team, through the complete buying journey where you are leading in understanding of their complex business challenges and imperatives.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial behavior with customers and prospects to instill confidence Wipro Salesforce Practice is the right partner for their digital customer transformation projects.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree or an advanced degree in the area of specialisation or equivalent professional work experience. MBA in Business desirable.
- 5-10+ years direct consulting experience leading and/or playing relevant roles in front office transformation projects spanning sales, service, marketing and industry domain relevant processes with a focus on the financial services industry.
- At least 7 to 10 years proven experience in the Financial services industry in the domain of business application services, ideally in a large enterprise and global delivery environment.
- 10-15+ years of broad general business experience and knowledge across many disciplines including; Business Process Analysis, Business Transformation, Call Center, Project Management, Process Improvement, Sales Operations, Leadership Facilitation, and Change Enablement.
- Prior experience with Salesforce Financial Services Cloud in banking, insurance, or wealth management
- Prior experience in the Banking, Mortgage & lending industry a strong benefit from a Solution Architecture perspective
- You have strong opinions on how your industry will evolve in the coming 5 to 10 years and how digital transformation will drive that evolution. You are a strong communicator, written & spoken and are willing to be a key person of influence in your industry across Europe through different communication channels.
- Progressive and professional experience leading/supporting large scale global sales, service and marketing transformation projects spanning customers across multiple vertical markets, with a stronger focus in the financial services sector
- Proven experience with front office technology implementation services (incl agile delivery methodology), either from a delivery, client engagement or business development perspective
- Deep experience in financial services processes and domains, and cross-domain knowledge e.g. Sales, Lead to Cash, Service Transformation, Marketing Automation, Procure to Pay etc
- Strong understanding and knowledge across the Salesforce ecosystem, including main capabilities/functionality, use cases, benefits etc across the product portfolio from core Clouds (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud), through to Marketing, Commerce, Revenue (CPQ and Billing), Field Service, Experience Clouds, and Tableau, Mulesoft etc (and keep up-to-date through Vendor resources, events etc)
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Salesforce Industries, with a focus on Financial services
- Ability to understand and articulate enterprise business processes and capabilities (from a business and functional lense) and map them to products/solutions including Salesforce Clouds / modules / functionality as well as across wider solutions across the enterprise
- In-depth understanding of the client's business, goals, strategies and industry trends and directions in the context of customer company transformation and related technology landscape
- Experience with challenging current thought process and status quo of business stakeholders regardless of the audience
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and communicating with a diverse set of people across groups and organisational levels
- Enthusiastic, professional and confident team player with a strong focus on client success who can present effectively even under adverse conditions
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, prioritise multiple objectives in a rapidly changing environment, multi-task across pre-sales pursuits and delivery engagements, and ensure delivery of quality outcomes
- Possesses the ability to influence various stakeholders and strategic direction without direct control/authority
- Experience with complex and high-value solution selling engagements in a highly competitive market
- Executive level presentation and communication skillsand experience interacting with various levels of stakeholders
- Strong writing skills including the ability to synthesise information into clear, concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries, and produce quality artefacts and content whether for sales pursuits or during delivery engagements
- Results driven, committed to success, persuasive, energetic and you have a positive can-do attitude
- Located and able to work in Europe from a home office, company offices and able to travel up to 40-60%
- Certification in Salesforce Administration and at least one Salesforce Cloud (with a passion to continue expanding certifications over time)
- Not eligible for visa sponsorship