Scientific Account Manager – Biopharma Discovery
- Switzerland, Basel
- Genedata Biologics
Apply Now Share
The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our product Genedata Biologics, a first-in-class workflow system that has been designed to increase the efficiency and quality of the biopharmaceutical discovery process. As a member of our scientific and technical consulting team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment projects and scientific consulting projects. This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to streamline biologics and vaccine discovery as well as Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) research. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a quickly growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
You will focus on scientific and technical customer projects, including process analysis, scientific and technical requirements analysis, large enterprise system deployment, data migration, system integration, and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training.
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biotherapeutics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics, and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
- Work on scientific and technical customer projects, including process analysis, scientific and technical requirements analysis, large enterprise system deployment, data migration, system integration, and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
- Conduct customer requirements analyses
- Functionally specify and document customer need
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting
- Manage software installations and upgrades for customers
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Coordinate with product managers, professional services, and product development teams
Skills & Experience
- MSc or PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or in the software industry
- Self-motivated and independent candidates that are curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
- Experience and talent at giving presentations
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work as well as the ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts
These additional skills and experience are a plus:
- Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering (incl. bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates/ADCs), protein expression and purification, bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus.
- Specifically, experience in Cell and Gene Therapies, mRNA Therapeutics, or novel vaccine technologies is desired
- Practical experience in software development, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are advantageous
- Fluency in German is a plus
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.
Apply Now Share