Back to Previous Page
Job ID296092BRPosition TitleScientific Communication Director Ophthalmology (80-100%*)Apply to Job
1.5 million! The number of Health Care Professionals that can be reached by just 3 journal publications, led by the scientific communications associates at Novartis. As part of a team driving innovation and excellence in scientific communication and engagement, this is an opportunity to anticipate the future, provide strategic expertise for evidence dissemination and scientific differentiation of our medicines, and deliver operational excellence.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead and drive Scientific Engagement & Communications (publications, scientific events, medical education and stakeholder engagement) strategy for an assigned brand(s), working closely with the cross-functional team
• Ensure the execution of strategic scientific communication plans, including KPI setting and measurement
• In collaboration with the Medical Affairs team, ensure scientific communications launch readiness as part of early medical launch leadership
• Functional line management of Scientific Communications Associate Directors
• Lead Medical Society Engagement within the Franchise or assigned disease area with specific focus on medical education and congress collaboration
• Be the subject matter expert for scientific communications within the therapy area
What you’ll bring to the role:
• An advanced degree in life sciences/healthcare (or clinically-relevant degree). PharmD, PhD desirable. Fluent English (oral and written)
• More than 10 years in pharmaceutical or healthcare companies including experience in countries and/or Global organization (departments with focus in Medical Affairs, drug development or marketing)
• Experience and proven success in the development of medical affairs or scientific communication strategies in pharmaceutical/healthcare companies, including leveraging of new technologies and digital solutions and strong project management skills
• More than 5 years of demonstrated leadership including management in a matrix environment, across functions, regions and countries, with the ability to influence, engage and problem solve
• A thorough understanding of internal/external ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.DivisionPHARMABusiness UnitGLOBAL MEDICAL AFFAIRSLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularShift WorkNo
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments