Senior Account Director Biotech
Apply nowPrimary Location: Basel, SwitzerlandAdditonal Locations: Amsterdam, Netherlands, NLD; Frankfurt, Germany, DEU; London, United Kingdom, GBR; Paris, France, FRAFull timeR1161018Date Posted: 01.20.2021
Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at existing and new clinical sponsors.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
• Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
• Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
• Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
• Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer
• Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
• Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
• Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
• Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA, Inc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Req
• 12 years related experience, including 5 years of relevant industry (CRO/Pharmaceutical) and/or sales experience Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Proven track record at mid-level and high-level contacts.
• Excellent Business/Industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
• Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
• Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to influence others internally and externally
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Apply nowSave jobRemove saved job