Zurich, Zurich, CH
Senior Auditor IT (80-100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the Role
As a senior IT auditor, you have the responsibility for driving and participating in a wide range of technology audit activities. You will be constantly challenged to learn new areas of Swiss Re, to assess the effectiveness of the relevant processes, and to come up with workable solutions to any problems you may identify.
For you, this role is a rare opportunity to deal with themes that have organizational impact at the most senior level, driving the risk culture of Swiss Re.
In an agile audit team structure, your key tasks are to assess technology processes and controls in scope of an audit, and to provide professional reports and unique business insights to Senior Management and the Audit Committees. Further, you are expected to support the Audit Director Technology in performing risk assessment and planning, and to participate in GIA's initiatives and projects as appropriate.
Key success capabilities for this position are your relevant work experience and a passion for information security, your understanding of cloud based IT solutions, and your ability to extract and analyze data to confirm that security controls are effective. You are experienced in communicating and reporting audit conclusions in a professional manner.
About the Team
Group Internal Audit provide independent and objective assurance that assists the Board of Directors and Group Executive Committee to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization. We perform audit activities designed to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group's internal control systems, and to add value through improving the Group's operations.
GIA's vision is Advancing Swiss Re's Resilience. We aspire to be critical thinkers who lead from every seat, challenge the status quo, understand risk, and demonstrate that we are responsive to risk. We offer a suite of audit products that are tailored to the nature of the assurance goal and deliver comprehensive messages to management over end-to-end processes and their control environment. And lastly, our continuous risk assessment process (which utilize data analytics and external data factors) drives the allocation of our resources, the audit proposals and prioritization. We continuously extend the use of data analytics and automation within our audit processes.
Education and experience:
- Security mindset, understanding of Information Security & Cyber risks and controls
- Experience in managing or assessing Cloud services, in particular MS Azure
- Data analytics skills and experience (data extraction, scripting, manipulation, analysis, testing of hypothesis)
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in IT audit, information security, or in a controls-oriented IT development/operations role
- Good understanding of IT General Controls
- University degree in related field (preferred)
- CISA, CISSP, CIA or equivalent information security experience (preferred)
- Critical thinker that sees the "big picture" (e.g. overall themes, trends, goals), generates creative ideas and solutions to problems and makes recommendations despite complexity, conflicting pressures and ambiguous circumstances.
- Result oriented individual, able to plan well, willing to coach and work in the field and able to deliver results in time
- Superb communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Structured analyst, capable to embrace and use data analytics to assess risks, scope audits and test controls
- Team worker, able to listen to others but also influence
- Proficiency in English
We look forward to hearing from you!
We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where we work most effectively!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 109962
Job Segment: Audit, Internal Audit, Finance