Zurich, Zurich, CH
Senior Business Analyst
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
As Senior Business Analyst, your main responsibilities will be:
• Focus within Finance Transformation on Reporting & Analytics Use Cases
• Improve dashboards and reports to become more accessible to users by applying User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design techniques
• Improve our User Interface Concept through continuous feedback
• Promote the adoption of design governance, templates and style guidelines for financial reporting & dashboards
• Work in close collaboration with the IT delivery team on the build of consumption views (CDS) in SAP
• Apply agile and design thinking to enable the implementation and to ensure the timely, high-quality delivery of UX/UI products
• Work with 3rd Party Vendors on specific Use Cases and capabilities
• Engage in the use of SAP Analytics Cloud to steer our business
About the Team
We are a diverse team based out of Zürich, London and Bangalore, committed to bring alive the vision of One Face of the Financials within the Olympus programme. With 9 colleagues we drive Use Cases in the areas of Reporting Architecture, User Experience and Data Management. We work cross functionally with our colleagues in Olympus and Finance. We therefore value strong communication skills on top of technical skills.
We are passionate about delivering benefits to our Finance partners through the smart use of technologies. Cloud warehousing, machine learning, Python programming are areas of exploration.
• University degree, ideally in information technology and/or accounting (or comparable education/degree)
• Passionate about Agile ways of working (SCRUM) and Design Thinking
• Phenomenal in teamwork
• Analytical thinking and affinity for numbers and data analytics, with the ability to apply this to storytelling concepts
• Two or more years of UX/UI design experience
• Knowledge of scripting (Java, HTML)
• Good communication and presentation skills across Finance and IT
• Previous experience with BI tools such as SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau or Power BI
• Excellent command of English, and any other language is a plus
Did we catch your attention?
We look forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 100706
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Data Management, Finance, Data