Zurich, Zurich, CH
Senior Content Manager (100%)
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the role
As a Senior Content Manager, you'll position Swiss Re as a thought leader and a leading risk knowledge company. You'll create and curate compelling content that drives conversations and conversions, and strengthens Swiss Re's value and reputation. You'll design and coordinate campaigns around key research publications and topics, and develop audience-specific communication plans in close collaboration with other teams across Group Communications. You'll also act as the primary point of contact for the Swiss Re Institute (the company’s research group) liaising with the Institute and the Communications community on relevant internal and external communications activities.
• Position Swiss Re as a thought leader and a leading risk knowledge company in the industry
• Serve as primary content manager and adviser on content messaging and strategy for one of our key Group Topics (Mitigating Climate Risk)
• Act as the principal communications lead for the Swiss Re Institute and coordinate all relevant communications activities
• Develop key messages, integrate them in communications content, and ensure consistent implementation by the company across all channels
• Produce relevant content (articles, blogs, editorials, etc.) and work with Communications teams to align messaging and distribute content via external and internal channels
• Develop and execute communications plans and campaigns in cooperation with Comms colleagues and expert stakeholders – on time and within budget
• Provide communications advice and support to research projects
• Write and edit blogs, bylined articles and speeches for senior executives
• Successfully leverage digital and social media as part of thought leadership outreach
• Foster relationships and networks with key stakeholders within and outside of Group Communications
• Keep up to date on and apply content marketing trends
• Stay on top of relevant content strategy developments
• Manage relevant budget for maximum impact
• Measure success based on KPIs
About the team
You will join a very professional and highly motivated global Communications Community that is committed to driving differentiation and helps Swiss Re achieve a competitive advantage. We are responsible for managing reputation, supporting the business, aligning employees and facilitating change around the world.
Each and every colleague in Group Communications operates in a proactive, collaborative and transparent way, and lives up to our commitment "Let's be smarter together". You will join a fun group of strong personalities with a diversity of backgrounds, all thriving in a hectic, fast-paced environment that requires client-focus, interest in the business and its key topics, a great deal of creativity, and, most importantly, team spirit and personal resilience.
• > 7 years of professional-level experience in corporate communications, content marketing, journalism or a related field
• Excellent understanding of global issues and trends. Knowledge of re/insurance business is a plus.
• Experience planning and executing communications campaigns
• Strong interest in climate change, net-zero carbon goals and private-public partnership topics
• Exceptional storytelling, writing and editing skills with experience in content creation for digital formats
• Ability to quickly get an overview of complex matters and synthesise findings
• A strategic thinker with a global mind set delivering hands-on communication services on a daily basis.
• Strong results orientation and ability to challenge the status quo
• Very strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Solid planning/project management competence
• Strong team mentality.
• Exceptional influencing and networking capabilities
• English (native preferred). Other European language(s) desirable
• Confident in consulting internal clients
• At ease liaising with colleagues at all hierarchical levels
• Able to deal with stakeholders decisively
• A collaborative, engaging, positive team player
• A results-driven, "can-do”, self-starter personality
• A fast learner
• Able to grasp complex processes and projects
• Client-, service- and solution-minded
• Energetic, diplomatic, flexible
• Proactive, confident, with high integrity
• Committed to high quality, also under pressure
• Native or near-native English speaker
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Reference Code: 109964
Job Segment: Manager, Management, Research