Back to Previous Page
Job ID 293265BR Position Title Senior Drug Substance Project Leader (80-100*) Apply to Job
More than 500! The number of clinical trials ongoing worldwide for CAR-T cell therapies. We are looking for a senior Drug Substance Project Leader in TD-NBE, to develop and drive technologies in the field of Cell and Gene Therapies. The candidate will be accountable for general and strategic Downstream process (DSP) aspects in this area with specify focus on Lentiviral Vectors. The role comprises the scientific leadership as the DSP process specialist in the project team as well as facilitation and tracking of major process development and manufacturing activities to ensure timely and consistent process development for Cell and Gene Therapy projects. Within the CGT field, the candidate will build and establish expertise in Lentiviral Vector process development and manufacturing with focus on downstream technologies.
• DSP process and technology strategy for Cell and Gene Therapy projects in early phase development, with focus on Lentiviral Vector based Cell and Gene Therapies
• Single point of contact for Technical Project Leaders and other partners for key DSP process aspects
• Planning and tracking of major DS process development and manufacturing activities and deliverables in collaboration with the Line Function
• Represent the DS subteam as core member in the technical CMC project team
• Coordinate and provide input to Reg-CMC on DS processes (e.g. in response to questions from regulatory authorities, Briefing Books, preparation of Health Authority meetings).
What you’ll bring to the role:
• M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Bioengineering or equivalent with 5-8 years experience in downstream processing of Lentiviral Vectors and/or viruses in an industrial environment
• Advanced knowledge in purification technologies in the field of Cell and Gene Therapy and experience in Biosafety regulations, BL-1 and BL-2
• Validated management skills with respect to planning/tracking, prioritization and project timelines
• Experience with CMO management and collaboration with external partners
• Sound written and oral communication skills and concise data presentation in English required
• Familiarity with GMP requirements
• Experience with downstream processes for diverse Biologics formats is an advantage
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments