Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many demanding research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments' vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in advanced research and development labs. For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for a Senior FPGA and Firmware Engineer. Working with electronics is your passion! You feel challenged and enthusiastic at once about building electronic systems setting new performance benchmarks. This is your chance to work in a high-quality R&D team, building best-in-class measurement hardware and software solutions.
Senior FPGA and Firmware Engineer (80-100%)Moreover, we are looking for a result oriented, self-driven and intrinsically motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion and feels inspired to work within a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open company culture where people develop and form the base of our success. Now is a great time to be joining the team. We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
- Conceptualization and specification of digital subsystems
- Design, simulation, implementation and verification of digital subsystems on FPGA's
- Design and implement system-on-chip (SoC) solutions using embedded ARM processors such as Zynq Ultrascale, DDR memories, fast serial interfaces, 1G/10G Ethernet interfaces, and more
- Conceptualization (Python/NumPy) and implementation of digital signal processing systems
- Embedded software development and verification on multi-processor SoC architectures running Linux
- Provide FPGA-related input during the PCB hardware design phase and participate in PCB design reviews
- Bring-up of new hardware
- Close collaboration with software and hardware development teams
- Design documentation
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced knowledge of FPGA workflows from modeling to timing closure using modern tools (Python, Vivado)
- In-depth understanding of digital circuit design including issues related to clock crossing
- Knowledge of digital signal processing design, techniques, and theory
- Advanced electrical engineering test skills including usage of various forms of test/measurement equipment
- Experience with embedded software development in a Linux environment
- Good knowledge of VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog and C
- Proficient in English, additional languages are a plus