At Scandit, we develop real-time computer vision solutions for smartphones, wearables and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with computer vision.
To expand our engineering team, we are looking for an engineer who is passionate about machine learning and has a solid track record in it, to work on deep learning applications for our computer vision pipelines.
As a part of our growing team in Zurich, you will be working with image processing and computer vision specialists to develop algorithms for real-time barcode decoding, text recognition and object detection for robust real-world performance. The solutions you develop will be running on hundreds of millions of mobile devices on which our real-time computer vision products are deployed today.
What You Will Do
- Design and build systems to train models for challenging object and visual text recognition problems
- Implement model evaluation algorithms for mobile devices that run in real time
- Apply machine learning algorithms to improve the performance of our barcode scanning algorithms
- Extract new insights from our analytics data to improve the performance of our products
- Build automated QA systems to guarantee robustness, speed and consistency
Who You Are
- PhD in degree in signal processing, computer science or a related field, or MSc with significant industrial experience in the field
- Practical experience in machine learning (including deep learning) and computer vision / image processing
- Familiar with architectures, modeling, capabilities and limitations of deep neural networks
- Experience in C++ and Python (or a similar language)
- Published work at relevant conferences (such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, etc.) and the desire to mentor other team members are a plus
What We Offer
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- An environment where you can put your enthusiasm for algorithmic challenges and cutting-edge technologies to use
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
- A lab with state-of-the-art hardware (such as a UR robot, Microsoft Hololens, Vuzix, Google Glass, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in San Francisco, Boston, London and Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud-computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.
“Everybody is welcome here” - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.