The Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is accountable for the subsidiary revenue, scorecard, and market share for Microsoft Security and Compliance products in the Subsidiary. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their products, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies. This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their product set. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights, and customer feedback. The PMM is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge, and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns, marketing activities, and delivers product, solutions, and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing, and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services, and sales to lead and execute the fiscal year priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach.
Marketing Planning and Program/Campaign Execution
- Responsible for leading and orchestrating marketing plans supporting Microsoft Security and Compliance initiatives.
- Actively engage cross-segment and cross-subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.).
- Plan and execute key Microsoft Security and Compliance marketing moments and feature releases with guidance from Corp and track/report with standardized marketing tools, KPIs, and budget discipline.
- Create marketing plans and campaign investment decisions, including targeting, for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
- Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corp on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary.
- Grow capabilities and capacity in Partner ecosystem
- Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to enthusiasts, influencers, and pre-sales customer scenarios with Business Value Programs.
- Adjust differentiated value proposition and create compelling, localized product Bill of Materials (BOM) (to-customer and to/thru-partner) and integrate with all subsidiary marketing activities.
- Drive seller usage of Business Value Programs and Microsoft Security and Compliance tools to bring high value scenarios to life.
- Develop local customer evidence, partnering with field and partners.
- Provide business objectives to CMO Integrated Marketing Managers who develop integrated marketing plans. PMMs participate in the workstreams led by CMO to build a comprehensive event plan for the complete fiscal year.
Manage the Business Priorities and drive an all-green Microsoft 365 Scorecard
- Own and drive segment TLIs and scorecard metrics related to the Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and Correction of Errors.
- Develop local business management strategy-partner with segment to interpret market opportunity/risk and build appropriate Go-To-Market/COE.
- Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of Microsoft 365, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and Corp.
- Participate in preparation for quarterly review meeting and other Corp meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in quarterly connection meetings with Corp to support the local BG Lead.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent experience required, relevant fields of study include: Marketing, Business, Computer Science
At least 10 years of relevant professional experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicaton
- Experienced in core marketing communications functions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.